Third-generation Apple TV to lose CBS All Access support in March

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member

maltz said:

jcs2305 said:
    Dogperson said:
    No big deal. That thing is super out of date now and so few people use it ......
    B.S.
    And you know this how?????

So Not Helpful BS
    I think CBS knows it and that is why the see no need to support it. What exactly would CBS gain by pushing people to newer Apple devices? If they could make it work and that many folks were on older devices why wouldn't they?

Take a look at this list.. there are no older fire devices listed as well.

As I stated in another post besides 4k content CBS may want a more consistent experience across devices and these older devices just can't deliver that.

Meanwhile, Amazon Prime hasn’t bothered to update their apps on Vizio TVs so we can use profiles... A unified experience... This whole streaming and smart tv mess is anything but. People don’t need 4K. Some people want it. Using it as justification to obsolete perfectly functional devices is just “more more more” laissez-faire capitalist greed. It’s NEVER for the customer. They just want to stop maintaining apps, to lower their costs, which are already low to begin with, using everyone else’s infrastructure and owning all the IP...
    Dogperson
  • Reply 22 of 26
    jgreg728 said:
    A more important question is if the Apple TV Channel will simply become Paramount+, or if they will pull an HBO (whose Apple TV Channel I still use) and exit the TV App service to focus on its own app. If it doesn’t stay, it’ll be another huge blow to Apple TV Channels as a service and in a way, Apple TV+ as well in regards to its answer to legacy content. Plus, not having that $10 bundle between Paramount+ and Showtime would suck. 
    I’m also using the ATV Channel for HBO, and it is annoying that for HBO Max shows they push you outside the channel and into their app. The whole reason I for the channel was for family sharing, which you can’t do with the app. 
  • Reply 23 of 26

dysamoria said:
    lkrupp said:
    Planned Obsolescence! Planned obsolescence! The new mating call of the iFixit crowd.
    *You* are the only one talking about iFixIt on this page...

Why are you so anti-customer and anti-environmental? Anti-everything-that’s-not-Apple...
    Anti-customer and anti-environment have no bearing. As a customer I like slim, light devices, and I get that from Apple. I’ve never replaced a battery on my iPads but could have it done if I cared to. And Apple devices are extremely recyclable, as they’re made of aluminum when the industry was chugging out plastic landfill.  

Time to update your talking points. 
  • Reply 24 of 26

dysamoria said:
    No big deal. That thing is super out of date now and so few people use it that you just can't expect streaming app developers to keep supporting it. I am not even sure if the current Xcode can build apps for the 3rd gen Apple TV. I tested mine recently and found that very few streaming apps still functioned even if they were officially supported. Crunchyroll for example was totally non-functional. Apple should declare it to be "vintage".
    This all is a perfect demonstration of why adding computer industry crap into an appliance is a frelling mistake and anti-customer/anti-environment.

i hate this industry.
    What the F are you even talking about? 
  • Reply 25 of 26
    entropys said:
    Thing is I don’t want to retire my ATV3 until a new model is available.
    Where the heck is that new model?!?!

GRRRRRRR!!!
  • Reply 26 of 26
    XedXed Posts: 2,460member

dysamoria said:
    No big deal. That thing is super out of date now and so few people use it that you just can't expect streaming app developers to keep supporting it. I am not even sure if the current Xcode can build apps for the 3rd gen Apple TV. I tested mine recently and found that very few streaming apps still functioned even if they were officially supported. Crunchyroll for example was totally non-functional. Apple should declare it to be "vintage".
    This all is a perfect demonstration of why adding computer industry crap into an appliance is a frelling mistake and anti-customer/anti-environment.

i hate this industry.
    What the F are you even talking about? 
    I think he doesn't want it to have a microprocessor in it. I guess that means HDMI is out, which leaves only some very old analog cables and some other very old HW that computer industry didn't use. I'd say he wants to go back to VHS, but since the computer industry also has a very long industry with tape drives even those would be out