iPhone 12 Pro Max among Consumer Reports' best smartphones of 2021

Posted:
in iPhone
The iPhone 12 Pro Max is one of the best smartphones of the year and the top-rated iPhone model in 2021, according to Consumer Reports.

Credit: Andrew O'Hara, AppleInsider
Credit: Andrew O'Hara, AppleInsider

Apple's flagship 6.7-inch device earned one of the top spots in Consumer Report's latest smartphone rankings because of its A14 chipset, OLED display, 5G connectivity, and upgraded camera features.

"While the 12 Pro Max will cost you $100 more than its smaller sibling, the 12 Pro, it packs in several more hours of battery life, a slightly larger display, and a 2.5x zoom camera that gets you just a hair closer to the action than the 12 Pro's 2x camera," the publication wrote.

Consumer Reports did note that the iPhone 12 Pro Max is heavier and larger than its stablemates, which could make it harder to use for those with smaller hands.

Other smartphones on the unranked list include the OnePlus Nord N10 5G and the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G.

In addition to the 2021-focused list, Consumer Reports also ranks the best smartphones on the market based on a variety of ratings and reviews. That list is topped by a handful of iPhone models, including the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 series.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,571member
    The one time I called Consumer Reports for service, which was to cancel my subscription, an operator answered on the first ring, and was able to cancel my subscription instantly when I gave them my subscription number. I have never experienced faster or better service in my life. They didn't even pressure me to change my mind. I have more respect for that company than I do for Apple.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 2 of 8
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    So many here have trashed Consumer Reports for years over their perceived bias against Apple. What about now?
    pulseimages
  • Reply 3 of 8
    The one time I called Consumer Reports for service, which was to cancel my subscription, an operator answered on the first ring, and was able to cancel my subscription instantly when I gave them my subscription number. I have never experienced faster or better service in my life. They didn't even pressure me to change my mind. I have more respect for that company than I do for Apple.
    Based on just one experience! I think your sample size is a little biased in you decision 
    Beatspulseimageswilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    lkrupp said:
    So many here have trashed Consumer Reports for years over their perceived bias against Apple. What about now?
    They were rightfully called on it and over the last few years they have changed. Good on them
    Beatsjony0watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    lkrupp said:
    Still biased against non Apple....
    williamlondon
  • Reply 6 of 8
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    It’s an iPhone. What do you expect?
    Dogpersonbaconstang
  • Reply 7 of 8
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Definitely the best iPhone I've owned, by far.  Best battery life, fastest, best screen, great feel and appearance, best performance, etc.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Great iPhone !!!
    watto_cobra