in Mac Software edited January 2014
Join Safari chat with iChat

(the language is french)

http://www.macgeneration.com/mgnews/...dDepeche=98528

For a frensh report

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Can we get an accurate translation of what is going on there, please? (I don't know how to speak or read freedom)

• Reply 2 of 30
    Just ask for a link on that chat
  • Reply 3 of 30
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Apparently Safari v67 doesn't rip you away from the URL field's focus when it's loading a page. This is a big plus in my book...I believe the only other browser that has this behavior is Internet Explorer.

Before v67, if you happened to be typing a new URL in the URL field and if a page so happened to start loading, the focus would be lost and the computer would start beeping insanely at you for trying to type something. This happened mostly when I launched Safari, and the homepage started to load while I was typing a new URL.

edit: never mind...it still does rip you away from the URL field...what a crock of shit. Instead of adding dumbass features such as tabbed browsing Hyatt and the team should concentrate on the little things such as what I just mentioned (not ripping the focus away from what the user is doing), a spellcheck that sticks and fixing up rendering issues for fark's sake!
  • Reply 4 of 30
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    -Tabs in prefs

-Autofill (not sure if working correctly, or at all, but is at least to be implemented)

promising... hope they work more on stability in the next build(s).
  • Reply 5 of 30
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    My Safari is version 60, where can I get the latest version?

There's nothing about an update in software update.
  • Reply 6 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by coolmac

My Safari is version 60, where can I get the latest version?

There's nothing about an update in software update.

You just have to wait. Apple has not publicly released anything newer than v60 yet.
  • Reply 7 of 30
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    The real news here is that AppleInsider updated! Yes, we have an article on Safari v67!

I found it on MacSurfer.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=111
  • Reply 8 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

The real news here is that AppleInsider updated! Yes, we have an article on Safari v67!

I found it on MacSurfer.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=111

Are you guys going to start putting out more articles? I really liked how AI predicted the cube and such with pics, I think as well. Like to see more stuff.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac OS X Addict

Are you guys going to start putting out more articles? I really liked how AI predicted the cube and such with pics, I think as well. Like to see more stuff.

We (as in Jonathan, Brad, myself and the moderators) have nothing to do with the content on the AI front page. That's why I had to have MacSurfer tell me that AI had posted an article. They don't tell us anything and I'd long since given up checking the front page myself.

I certainly would like to see Kasper and company post more on the front page. That goes without saying. But whether they update, when they update, and what their updates contain are all completely out of our hands.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    edit: unnecesary...
  • Reply 11 of 30
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I did't even realize that kasper was back in the driver's seat there. He was running SlapTech too?
  • Reply 12 of 30
    Yep. The SlapTech purchase brought Kasper back as the man in charge of AI's content.
  • Reply 13 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Yep. The SlapTech purchase brought Kasper back as the man in charge of AI's content.

And I think he's been doing a wonderful job, let's give him a round of applause
  • Reply 14 of 30
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    The font here still isn't good in v67.
  • Reply 15 of 30
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    It seems as though v67 is not dock aware. Am I on something or were older builds dock aware?
  • Reply 16 of 30
    g3joelg3joel Posts: 29member
    No the older versions weren't dock aware either.
  • Reply 17 of 30
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M3D Jack

And I think he's been doing a wonderful job, let's give him a round of applause

I don't fall for it this time...
  • Reply 18 of 30
    Safari has unexpectedly quit on launch for me since version 64.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Quote:

Originally posted by unremarkable

Safari has unexpectedly quit on launch for me since version 64.

Quote:

Originally posted in the AppleInsider Article

Additionally, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese languages have seen the early stages of implementation with beta 67 of Safari. Consequently, if your default Mac OS X Language is one of these 3, Safari will crash at launch. The immediate solution is to delete the corresponding language project file from Safari's 'Resources' directory. Apple will officially address the crash issue with the forthcoming build of Safari.

Maybe this is the reason for your trouble?
  • Reply 20 of 30
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Apparently Safari v67 doesn't rip you away from the URL field's focus when it's loading a page. This is a big plus in my book...I believe the only other browser that has this behavior is Internet Explorer.

Before v67, if you happened to be typing a new URL in the URL field and if a page so happened to start loading, the focus would be lost and the computer would start beeping insanely at you for trying to type something. This happened mostly when I launched Safari, and the homepage started to load while I was typing a new URL.

You should set Safari to open a blank page when you open a new window, then you won't have this problem.