oh my god

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Some good points here!

1. I agree. We haven't seen all or even most of the shock and awe. We launched (oh my God)....320 cruise missles yesterday. That's 3 times as many as in the 39 day Gulf War air campaign.

2. I think Saddam may be dead. There may still be use of WOMD. I hope not. I wonder about the surpise as well. All I can say is it will be his last mistake to use WOMD. The absolute thing he could do is use WOMD on Israel. I think they might go nuclear if that happens.

3. I believe the attack has been scaled back. It shows real intelligence and thought about what is happening in real-time.

One has to give credit to Bush for ordering the decaptitation. I hear that this is when he actually signed the order to go. I know he certainly didn't think it up, and he has some brilliant advisors, but he still had to put his name on that piece of paper...he still had to accept a major change of plan. I also admire him for not micromanaging the war.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

... I think Saddam may be dead...

Or at least incapacitated. When Saddam reorganized his command structure he put himself in charge of his missile systems. Which may explain why no missiles with chem/bio warheads have been launched yet. He's been taken off the table.