Over 500M Facebook account records leaked on hacking forum

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    OctoMonkeyOctoMonkey Posts: 311member
    More validation of my decision to avoid (so called) social media entirely.

My sympathies for you folks who believe there is some value to it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 25
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,125member
    So they got my digits. BFD, I’ve already got an extended warranty on my car.
    Do you also have your Sim swapped or Identity stolen?

This "leak" can help scammers with both!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 25
    deleted my account a few years ago
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 25
    OctoMonkeyOctoMonkey Posts: 311member
    deleted my account a few years ago
    You may have deleted your account years ago, but don't fool yourself into thinking they did not keep your information.

Remember:
    If you are not paying for a product, YOU are the product.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 25
    llamallama Posts: 102member
    bettyh said:
    I am one of their victims from that breach or whatever they are calling it! They hacked into my old account, changed all my log in information and emails connected to it preventing me from being able to get back into my own account. They continued using my account as if they were me like nothing had happened, like they knew they couldnt get caught, and they didnt and still to this day someone is using that account as if they were me!!!! 

This is similar to what happened to my mom's account.  It got compromised and the new person changed everything, including name and photos.  I guess this way he had an account that was not shiny new and less apt to trip people's scammer trigger.  It was so bizarre and the only thing Facebook did was to make it all but impossible for my mom to create a new account.  
    watto_cobra