Supreme Court rules in favor of Google in Oracle Java fight

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    Eric_in_CTEric_in_CT Posts: 105member
    Java's not that hard.  I make some every morning.

4 scoops of grounds in the Hopper, 8-Cups water in the Resevoir.

Hit the button.   It compiles every time!

I usually source the Dunkin Donuts Libraries, and definitely go for Binary output (spouse and I share the result).

Keep it light on the Forums!   

Cheers!
  • Reply 42 of 42
    karmadavekarmadave Posts: 369member
    My ex-Sun colleague was the system rep on Google when Sun attempted to originally negotiate a Java license. Sun spent year attempting to negotiate such a license, but Google decided they could develop their own 'clean room' Java Runtime on their own. Jonathan Schwartz, Sun CEO at the time, never really pressed the issue since he had other challenges (like keeping the company afloat or selling it). Once Oracle acquired Sun all bets were off and Larry voraciously went after Google! Putting aside that Oracle is notorious for being one of THE most unethical companies in Silicon Valley (now Austin), they were ALWAYS going to milk Java for all they could. Now that the Supreme Court has ruled, both companies need to put this behind them. Oracle has tried to screw Google, in other ways, like refusing to support Oracle DB on the Google Cloud Platform. In return, Google has switched from Oracle Financials ERP to SAP (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/05/google-will-stop-using-oracle-finance-software-switch-to-sap.html). All of this brings great pleasure to myself and former colleagues who now work at Google  B)