Nomad, Belkin launch AirTag keychain, eyeglasses strap, more

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2021
Following Apple's announcement of AirTag, third-party accessory makers Nomad and Belkin on Tuesday officially released a range of products to go with the tracker.

Nomad AirTags

Nomad's new keychain is designed to cradle an AirTag in a Horween leather pouch that attaches to a black PVD keyring. The idea is to keep an AirTag permanently affixed to a user's keys in case the item is lost.

Perhaps more interesting is Nomad's glasses strap, which integrates a TPU AirTag capsule as a tensioner for the braided nylon paracord strap. Boasting a universal design, the strap comes with three attachment points to fit a range of eyeglass and sunglass styles.

A leak in January detailed Nomad's development of the two accessories.

Announced today, Apple's AirTags are small, puck-shaped location trackers that incorporate a U1 chip for precise positioning and easy onboarding. The device integrates with the Find My network and includes a speaker for notifications.

Nomad's AirTag keychain and glasses strap are up for sale at a preorder price of $29.95. Both items are expected to ship in late July.

Belkin announced a pair of AirTag accessories as well on Tuesday. It introduced the Secure Holder for AirTag that comes with either a strap or a key ring and will be available in multiple colors for $12.95.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Surprised AirTags don’t have a hole that you can add them directly to a key chain like a Tile. 
  • Reply 2 of 4
    normmnormm Posts: 653member
    I'm disappointed that air tags are so large.  Ultra Wideband is extremely low power, and could use a microscopic battery to communicate every few seconds for years.  I also wish they integrated this into an apple pencil.  My wife so far has lost three of the gen 2 pencils.

• Reply 3 of 4
    nzmacnzmac Posts: 9member
    normm said:
    I'm disappointed that air tags are so large.....  My wife so far has lost three of the gen 2 pencils.

Really do not think these are large. Much smaller than my current tiles.  
    Seriously, maybe your wife needs to be more careful, rather than blame the product.
    I do agree it would be good to have the chip in the pencil but where does it stop. Need some own accountability

watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Somebody make something so I can put AirTag on my dog's collar. 
    edited April 2021 watto_cobra