AirTag and purple iPhone 12 now available to preorder

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited April 2021
The Apple Store has begun taking preorders for both the AirTag and the purple iPhone 12, with first deliveries expected on April 30.

AirTag and purple iPhone 12 are now available for preorder
AirTag and purple iPhone 12 are now available for preorder

Customers can now use the online Apple Store for preordering two of Apple's new releases, as well as accessories for them. The Store was taken down for all products around six hours ahead of the scheduled AirTag and purple iPhone 12 availability at 5 a.m. Pacific, or 8 a.m. Eastern.

Orders for both, plus accessories such as AirTag keychains, are expected to be high. Consequently, delivery times are likely to soon slip, but they will begin on Friday, April 30. Both AirTag and the new iPhone 12 will also be in physical Apple Stores from that date.

Also on April 30, 2021, the Apple Store will begin taking preorders for both the new iMac, and the revised Apple TV 4K. Each is slated to be delivered to customers during the second half of May.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Had my order in within 3 minutes for an AirTag, and the delivery date was already May 3rd. And May 4th for the leather keyring. So I can definitely see the date slipping quickly
    williamlondon
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Same for me. Tags are May4-6. And Belkin case May 11-18. And here people said these things were going to sell. 🤔 
    pulseimages
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Got my Tags order in right at 7:01 central time. Apple keychain as well. Delivery date of April 30th. 
    forgot username
  • Reply 4 of 7
    April 30 delivery for me, but I only ordered one to check it out - I’m sure the 4 pack is flying off the shelves and will have a longer wait time
  • Reply 5 of 7
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    Yeah, I'm gonna run right out and not order those.

It's not that I don't occasionally misplace my keys.

It's that I'm not going to add another single !#$*%*@ thing to my key ring.

Not buying the purple phone either.  I'll stick to a phone with a home button for as long as I possibly can.  It's just a better UI.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Keeping my fingers crossed for an iPhone 13 Pro mini in purple.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ajmasajmas Posts: 597member
    darkvader said:

Not buying the purple phone either.  I'll stick to a phone with a home button for as long as I possibly can.  It's just a better UI.
    The home button may have been better UI, but you do get used to the gestures. I was a hold off, but did finally make the jump, since the dual sim option convinced me to make the switch.