Tile CEO 'welcomes' AirTag competition from Apple's 'runaway monopoly train'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Xed said:
    New trolls on arrival it appears, ffs. Go fuck off!

First post, a negative one, did I take a wrong turn and end up back at MacRumors?
    So it would seem. Already seen the haters in MacRumors about the replaceable battery and how some company pulled AirTags off the shelf in Australia I believe because: omg think of the children and how they will all die swallowing replaceable batteries. If Apple doesn’t offer replacement batteries in their AirPods they are out to destroy mother earth and no other earbud maker does, at least not samsung bose and jabra and those companies you never hear accusations on how they are destroying the planet. 
    Then Apple comes out with replaceable batteries in their AirTags and here is all of the drama about how Apple is killing children. OMG think of the children. 
    A retailer is doing their due diligence before selling a product. That is not a reason to slight a retailer.
    Well, if they're trying to adhere to Australia's new button battery legislation (even though it doesn't go into effect until June 2022), then I guess you could commend them.

If, on the other hand, they're just piling on to all the recent Apple bashing, then poopoo on them.

Apple will apparently modify Australian packaging to comply with the new regulations. It still might not be good enough, however, if Australian authorities deem the battery too easily accessible.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 42
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Skeptical said:
    jcs2305 said:
    Skeptical said:
    I have to agree a bit here with the Tile dude. After a few updates, my Tile were useless for the most part. And so I switched to the AirTags. Not impressed at all. I can hold the AirTag next to the phone and it tells me the signal is weak. WTF Apple. Anyway, maybe I’m holding it wrong. Tile has nothing to worry about if this is the best that Apple cans do. Queue the fanboy flamers…

I have seen and read multiple reviews of Airtags and have not seen the issue you mention? Is it impossible to think that maybe your Airtag isn't working correctly and may need to be swapped out for another unit? I mean shit happens even with Apple products.. no? Your "maybe I am holding it wrong" comment makes me think either you're trolling or you are commenting with an ax to grind for whatever reason?

If it were me and a product didn't work I would either run to the Apple store to swap it out, or send it back for a replacement..period. Not coming on Appleinsider to make a blanket condemnation of a product because one unit isn't behaving correctly.
    Swing and a miss. I placed my AirTag directly next to the my iPhone 12 Pro Max and I still get a weak signal reply. I tried with two other AirTag devices and got the same, so I’m pretty sure it isn’t a defect in either AirTag. 
    You must realize that your 13 posts don't do much to help your credibility, so everything you say will, at the very least, be taken with a grain of salt.
    watto_cobra