The next .Mac : what should it have?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

Last time I did it, I could swear there was a little note onscreen telling me exactly what the address was...

Sorry, I'm not being clear. You're right, when you publish the calendar, it gives you the exact address and the choices to e-mail a notice and go directly to that page.

But what I'd like to see is some way to let people access the published iCalendar via your regular ol' .Mac Homepage, like you can with photo albums and your iDisk public folder. Right now, as far as I've been able to figure out, there's no access to these calendars from your Homepage. It would be a lot easier for me to direct people to one site and let them find or use what they want and have a link on the calendar page to e-mail you at your .Mac address too. Like iLife, .Mac needs more integration, talking among different services and apps.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Exactly.

I went and tried publishing a calendar to see what it did, and to find out how to password protect it from the .Mac web manager.

no dice
  • Reply 43 of 43
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mrmister

.mac is a pretty terrible deal right now...so I expect to see some improvements in service reliabilty AND a discount on Panther if they want to keep my business.

Or switch to tiered pricing.

No way I'm paying TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS for my wife and I this fall.

you both can use the same account and add on whatever you want (a second email, whatever..)

a 2nd emali costs $10 a year