Apple working on 'Beats Studio Pro' with new form factor, betas suggest

Posted:
in General Discussion
Images hidden within the latest iOS and tvOS betas suggest that Apple is working on a new pair of Beats earbuds with a form factor more similar to AirPods.

Credit: Steve Moser/MacRumors
Credit: Steve Moser/MacRumors

The so-called "Beats Studio Buds" will mark a departure from the other wireless headphones in the Beats by Dre brand. According to images found in the newest iOS 14.6 and tvOS 14.6 betas, they'll appear similar to earbuds made by companies like Samsung or Google with no ear wrap and a much smaller design.

The images, which were first uncovered by MacRumors, also indicate that the Studio Buds will come in white, black, and red color options.

In addition to the refreshed Beats headphones, Apple is also expected to debut new AirPods models in 2021. That includes a so-called "AirPods 3 that could blend design elements of both standard AirPods and the first-generation AirPods Pro.

It isn't clear when Apple might release Beats Studio Pro. Given the placement of the images in the iOS and tvOS betas, a launch could coincide with the public release of iOS 14.6 and tvOS 14.6. Apple seeded a release candidate (RC) version of both iOS 14.6 and tvOS 14.6 on Monday.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    “Beats Studio Buds”. Who’s naming Apple’s products lately? Some of these are ridiculous. What “studio” about earbuds??

”Beats Buds” sounds so much better if they want these to even compete with AirPods as an alternative.

Apple at this point is competing with itself if it keeps supporting Beats. And yes I should calm down as nothing is confirmed. 
    qwerty52
  • Reply 2 of 2
    rossb2rossb2 Posts: 89member
    I like the styling on these buds. If these had the same performance as AirPods Pro, I would be interested.