Apple's new 'Why Mac' page makes the case for switching to Mac

Posted:
in macOS
Apple has launched a new "Why Mac" page on its site, designed to give new users a quick tour of all of the best Mac features.

Apple's new 'Why Mac' page makes the case for switching to macOS

The new page is a great starting point for those who may be looking to migrate to macOS for the first time. It wastes no time pointing out that it's easy to learn to use a Mac, especially for those who already own devices like the iPhone or the iPad.

It praises Mac for being "intuitive" and "never intimidating," and reminds users that, should they need help, Apple Support is available via chat, phone call, or in-store appointments.

Of course, Apple is quick to highlight the benefits of staying in the Apple ecosystem, highlighting continuity features like Handoff, AirDrop, Sidecar, and Universal Clipboard.

The page concludes with a section dedicated to multiple Macs available for purchase, including the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, 24-inch iMac, 27-inch iMac, and the Mac mini.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    “Never intimidating” - as all consumer tech should be. Well articulated, congrats to the marketing team.
    p-dogwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MisterKitMisterKit Posts: 495member
    This reminds me of my PC days. I was teaching music at a studio that was equipped with Macs. The owner sold me a white G5 iMac for $300 and I have not looked back since. Apple has to know that once you are in, you are hooked.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    opinionopinion Posts: 103member
    The problem does not seem to be convincing people to switch to Mac, the problem is that if you want to switch to Mac you are stopped by "Windows only policies" at companies and organisations and bigoted IT-managers that tells you what computer you should use. I am surprised that IT-managers are not also in charge of telling people what to wear, what to eat, what to think etc.
    watto_cobra