Apple Mail users seeing sporadic problems, worldwide [u]

Posted:
in iCloud edited June 2021
An unknown number of Apple Mail users are experiencing assorted issues with the service, including failure to send or sync across iCloud.

Beginning early to mid-morning Eastern Time, increasing numbers of users are reporting iCloud problems preventing them accessing Mail. Apple updated its system status page to reflect the problems at around 11:50 AM ET. However, the crowd-sourced Down Detector site has been tracking the problem for four hours.

Symptoms of the problem appear to be varying, but a repeated one is related to connections timing out. That suggests that the issue is with Apple's iCloud servers, which may be backed up by how other users are reporting Calendar syncing issues.

Currently web-based email at iCloud.com appears to be unaffected.

It's rare for iCloud to have outages, but the current situation is the second within five weeks. In late April 2021, the outage was preventing some iCloud users from accessing email for several hours.

Update, 11:50 a.m. ET: Apple has acknowledged the issue on its system status site.
Update: The problem was resolved at 3:01 p.m. Eastern.

Follow all the details of WWDC 2021 with the comprehensive AppleInsider coverage of the whole week-long event from June 7 through June 11, including details of all the new launches and updates.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Yes, seeing it here in the midwest near St. Louis. Actually, Apple Mail has been wonky for several days now on all my devices, iMac, iPhone, iPad, Watch. Gmail, Yahoo, Spectrum accounts all good.
    edited May 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,125member
    50/50 - my personal iCloud account email seems fine. Work (demo) iCloud email says there is an account problem.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    jas99jas99 Posts: 149member
    Same here in Ann Arbor Michigan.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I’ve been having serious problems with calendar and mail for nearly a week now and it is NOT solved.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,570member
    I’ve been having serious problems with calendar and mail for nearly a week now and it is NOT solved.
    Apple claims the mail problem existed for only a 5.5 hour window today.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    When I upgraded to iOS 14.6, I realize my iCloud password was no longer recognized on any of my devices. I spoke with an Apple rep who said this issue has occurred in a number of cases after uploading the latest software update. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Well, I haven't experienced any problem, so obviously this is all made up to discredit Apple. /s