13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Beats said:
    crowley said:
    Beats said:
    Appleish said:
    Sigh. Apple needs to FORCE content providers to use their tech standards so all apps work the same. Make the 'walled garden' work in our favor. Our discounted rate just ended. Goodbye HBO Max.
    Yes! Let’s make sure one single company tells all the others what to do! 

On THEIR own platform. Not everyone else.

Apple should definitely do this or kick them out!
    Why?  What difference does it make to Apple?  If HBO want to make their app crappier then that's their problem.

Apple shouldn't be the gatekeeper for all UI design, lots of good design is provided by the developer community and Apple would be crazy to cut off that creativity for the sake of some misfires.
    Makes the Apple experience crappier. A lot of manufacturers do this. It’s only when Apple does it that everyone has a tantrum. 
    It's only when Apple does what?

No one blames Apple for HBOs app being shit.
    killroy
  • Reply 42 of 46
    welshdog said:
    Funny, people cancelling over some app bugs. Not sure I actually believe them. Most HBO subscribers are watching several series at any given time. They aren't going to cancel a subscription and miss finishing a series. Well, most subscribers other than the weirdos that inhabit this forum.
    Well, believe it. I canceled. It’s easy enough to re-subscribe when/if they fix this poor behavior of the app. If I feel like I’ve missed anything I can catch up at that time. I vote with my dollars, it’s the only way any company will listen. 

Xedkillroywilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 46
    killroykillroy Posts: 276member
    I wounder if Directv has anything to do with this. If you have Directv and HBO, you can get HBO Max stream on a tv that has Chromecast without cost..
    edited June 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 46
    My year of the $2 monthly discount ended on May 24th, so I missed the new, terrible app, but the old was also having a lot of annoying problems. I frequently had to force quit it and restart when it increasingly went into a mode of only showing an endless ellipsis. 

I heard about their new discount pricing for annual plans, both with ads and ad-free, and was thinking of resuming the subscription with one of those, but not until these latest bugs are worked out. I just need it back by August for The Suicide Squad premiere.
    I agree with you, but the old one is a little better even .. maybe the new one will have an update and everything will go for the better .. I don’t know
    the best, Andrey
  • Reply 45 of 46
    My year of the $2 monthly discount ended on May 24th, so I missed the new, terrible app, but the old was also having a lot of annoying problems(worktime). I frequently had to force quit it and restart when it increasingly went into a mode of only showing an endless ellipsis. 

I heard about their new discount pricing for annual plans, both with ads and ad-free, and was thinking of resuming the subscription with one of those, but not until these latest bugs are worked out. I just need it back by August for The Suicide Squad premiere.
    edited June 2021
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Appleish said:
    Our discounted rate just ended. Goodbye HBO Max.
    So wait, I get it free by using AT&T’s fiber to premises right now… does **that** discount expire at some point does anyone know? I had assumed it was indefinite as long as I used their internet service, or at least that they’d be super clear if they just start charging me for it somehow.