Apple unveils 'See' season 2 trailer, renews drama for third year

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
A teaser trailer for the forthcoming second season of "See" has been launched, while Apple TV+ announces it has commissioned a third run for the fantasy drama.

Jason Momoa in season two of
Jason Momoa in season two of "See"

"See" was one of the most high-profile launches when Apple TV+ began in 2019, even if it then failed to impress as much as some other shows. Now, however, a second season has been announced, and it will start streaming from Friday, August 27, 2021.

A new two-minute teaser trailer for the second season shows Baba Voss (Jason Momoa) facing new enemies -- and his brother, Edo. "Guardians of the Galaxy" star Dave Bautista joins the cast as Edo Voss.

Apple TV+ has also announced that the series has been renewed for a third season. Filming is already underway in Toronto.

Follow all the details of WWDC 2021 with the comprehensive AppleInsider coverage of the whole week-long event from June 7 through June 11, including details of all the new launches and updates.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Great! Now where the hell is Foundation?
    edited June 2021 Beatsleavingthebigg
  • Reply 2 of 13
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Defintiely looking forward to this.   It was one of my favorites -- right beside Amazing Stories.
    rainmaker
  • Reply 3 of 13
    It’s about time!
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 4 of 13
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,570member
    Defintiely looking forward to this.   It was one of my favorites -- right beside Amazing Stories.
    Thanks for reminding me about that program - I had already forgotten about "Amazing Stories," it made such a shallow impression on me. "See" made an impression, although I had a little difficulty believing mankind could evolve a variety of superpowers less than 30 years after an apocalypse.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Thanks for reminding me about that program - I had already forgotten about "Amazing Stories," it made such a shallow impression on me. "See" made an impression, although I had a little difficulty believing mankind could evolve a variety of superpowers less than 30 years after an apocalypse.
    Where did you get 30 years from?

It’s about 500 years after the apocalypse, at least. 
  • Reply 6 of 13
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Rayz2016 said:

True, but in a story like that you don't ask if it's  realistic.   It's like Kirk, McCoy & Spock transporting down to distant planet in a faraway galaxy that's identical to earth.
    Or Giant worms tunneling through the earth at incredible speeds.  

Better to just take the assumptions and conditions as they are given and enjoy the story.

100 years ago -- or even 50 when even StarTrek was using flipphones, the idea of an iPhone would have seemed too far fetched to be real.

• Reply 7 of 13
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,124member
    lkrupp said:
    Great! Now where the hell is Foundation?
    Indeed!

Word in February was Autumn, 2021.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,163member
    The level of expectation for Foundation is frightening. 
    You can bet it wont be launched until everyone has to start paying for their subscription. No matter how good it is, if I have to pay I will wait until the entire series is released and then buy a one month subscription to watch it over a spot of downtime. Maybe Christmas.  

Even with Foundation, and all these second series, there just isn’t enough to justify a paying subscription. Might as well give us all another six months free. Because of Covid-19.  That’ll do.

or, six months free with every purchase of every new ATV+ capable device including sound equipment, from now on. The voucher alongside the Apple stickers in the box.
    edited June 2021
  • Reply 9 of 13
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    entropys said:
    The level of expectation for Foundation is frightening. 
    You can bet it wont be launched until everyone has to start paying for their subscription. No matter how good it is, if I have to pay I will wait until the entire series is released and then buy a one month subscription to watch it over a spot of downtime. Maybe Christmas.  

Even with Foundation, and all these second series, there just isn’t enough to justify a paying subscription. Might as well give us all another six months free. Because of Covid-19.  That’ll do.

or, six months free with every purchase of every new ATV+ capable device including sound equipment, from now on. The voucher alongside the Apple stickers in the box.
    JFC. It’s five dollars a month. 
    beowulfschmidt
  • Reply 10 of 13
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    It is hard to believe that, given that’s not at all what happened in the show. Are you sure you watched See? 
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Rayz2016 said:

The following Wikipedia page is where I got the 30 years from, but I misread it. The apocalypse happened in the early 21st century, whereas the events of the show are hundreds of years later. Even so, I don't think the strange powers that some of them developed are possible to develop in less than 5 million years, let alone 500 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/See_(TV_series)#Premise

• Reply 12 of 13

It is hard to believe that, given that’s not at all what happened in the show. Are you sure you watched See? 
    In any case, the numbers are irrelevant, because whether it's 50 or 500 years, my point was that human won't develop the superpowers that they developed in this show in either amount of time. 

If you don't consider the supreme skills of the regular blind people to be superpowers, then what about the superpowers of the Shadow Faeries which can negate all the superpowers of the blind?
  • Reply 13 of 13

In any case, the numbers are irrelevant, because whether it's 50 or 500 years, my point was that human won't develop the superpowers that they developed in this show in either amount of time. 

If you don't consider the supreme skills of the regular blind people to be superpowers, then what about the superpowers of the Shadow Faeries which can negate all the superpowers of the blind?
    The development of such powers is moderately plausible if one supposes that the powers existed all along in humanity and were unused because they were unnecessary for survival.  With the loss of sight, those with the powers survived, those without did not.

Evolution isn't always about species' developing new abilities that increase survivability.  Sometimes it's about an environmental change that favors certain existing abilities or characteristics.  Ice ages, asteroid impacts, and atmospheric composition changes come to mind.