One-year Apple TV+ trial offer getting cut down to three months

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    kkqd1337 said:
    It’s actually alright Apple TV have enjoyed some good stuff on it 

But the world is going subscription mad and I don’t like it 

I already pay for Netflix and Amazon, and so that makes Apple TV an easy no for me (I don’t need any of the other Apple Services at all)

I watch more AppleTV than AmazonTV but I have both, for now. I would like to cut "cable" ( its really a ISP TV service not cable but same kinda thing).
  • Reply 22 of 23
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Rayz2016 said:
    So what does this tell us about how well the service is doing?
    Possibly the service doing well enough to reduce the free trial period. Possibly the service is losing money hand over fist so Apple had to reduce the free trial. Possibly Apple is weaning people off the free trial a little at a time.

I suppose it depends on one’s personal bias toward the service. I don’t think we’ll get a definitive answer from Apple so the speculation as to it’s success or failure can run rampant as this sort of thing usually does on forums. Hater gonna hate, fanboys gonna dance.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 23 of 23
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,573member
    flydog said:
    dcgoo said:
    mike1 said:
    Thanks for that heads up. I've been planning to pick up a new model, move my original 4K to a bedroom and relegate my old Gen 3 to a guest room.
    This will save me some extra money with a free year of ATV+.
    Except for one little detail: If your AppleID has ever had the promotion applied, you cannot get it again, even if you buy a new ATV4K.  That is not obvious in the plan’s marketing description. But it is buried in the terms and conditions, which of course, the Apple rep I spoke with, was happy to provide a link.  Not the typical positive interaction I was expecting. 
    You are correct, but the thrifty and smart user will just create a new and different (and free) AppleID for that device.
    And lose the ability to access all of your other purchases on that Apple TV.  Great idea.
    I specifically referred to "smart users," which you have demonstrated doesn't include you, ;) because you don't lose access if you simply change your ID on your Apple TV when you are in the mood for older content. Or alternately, access your old content on your Mac, with your new content on your Apple TV. There are lots of solutions to this problem which you think is insurmountable.