HomePod mini launches in Austria, Ireland, New Zealand

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited June 2021
Seven months after its US launch, the HomePod mini is now on sale in Austria and Ireland, and is listed as coming in June to New Zealand.

HomePod mini is now available in more countries
HomePod mini is now available in more countries

Apple has officially released the HomePod mini in three more countries, although the update to Apple New Zealand's website has yet to be completed. That country now lists the HomePod mini as "new" on its main Music page, but users can only click on "View Pricing" instead of "Buy."

Users in Austria and Ireland, however, can now order online. Currently the Austrian site says that it is not possible to collect from an Apple Store. The Ireland site does not have the same notice, but it solely offers express deliveries direct to the buyer.

In both Ireland and Austria, the HomePod mini retails for the equivalent of $120, or $20 more than in the US. When users can buy in New Zealand, the price will be the equivalent of $114.

The launch of the HomePod mini in these new territories comes as stocks of the original HomePod have finally sold out in the US and most countries.

Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast -- and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.AppleInsider is also bringing you the best Apple-related deals for Amazon Prime Day 2021. There are bargains before, during, and even after Prime Day on June 21 and 22 -- with every deal at your fingertips throughout the event.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    rcfarcfa Posts: 1,124member
    Yeah, after never selling the HomePod in Austria, now they sell the decrepit HomePod mini overpriced and late in Austria, as if the country were some third world German colony.

Someone at Apple please wake up and take notice: Austrians are sick and tired of getting third rate treatment, always being months or years behind Germany and Switzerland, both of which are also German speaking, and direct neighbors.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    rcfa said:
    Yeah, after never selling the HomePod in Austria, now they sell the decrepit HomePod mini overpriced and late in Austria, as if the country were some third world German colony.

Someone at Apple please wake up and take notice: Austrians are sick and tired of getting third rate treatment, always being months or years behind Germany and Switzerland, both of which are also German speaking, and direct neighbors.
    How is the regulatory climate in Austria?  Device introductions usually have more to do with product availability and certifications in a particular country.  Now I am not in the eurozone, so I would guess that regulation should all b the same across Europe.  But I know nothing about it actually.

And the HomePod mini is. great speaker if small.  sounds fantastic, works as the default speaker and plays atmos and lossless from AppleTV (yes I'm in TVos 15 beta).  Price? it is the same price as worse speakers from amazon and Google (although that is pretty subjective) that don't have dynamic EQ.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    AppleInsider said:
    Users in Austria and Ireland, however, can now order online. Currently the Austrian site says that it is not possible to collect from an Apple Store. The Ireland site does not have the same notice, but it solely offers express deliveries direct to the buyer.
    In both Ireland and Austria, the HomePod mini retails for the equivalent of $120, or $20 more than in the US. When users can buy in New Zealand, the price will be the equivalent of $114.

Just FYI.

1. No bricks-and-mortar Apple Stores in Ireland, so no possibility of picking something up in store.

2. The prices quoted in Europe are the actual prices the buyer pays. It's the law. It's always a surprise when you pay more than the quoted price for something in [most of] the US.
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Great. Let me know when I can use them as Bluetooth computer speakers. Until then they are totally workless to me.