Apple releases tvOS 14.7 to the public with minor fixes and improvements

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple has issued the latest tvOS 14.7 update to the public, introducing minor improvements and bug fixes to the Apple TV platform.

Credit: Andrew O'Hara, AppleInsider
Credit: Andrew O'Hara, AppleInsider

The update can be manually installed by heading to the Settings app, selecting System, and clicking on Software Updates. If enabled, it can also be installed automatically on an Apple TV or Apple TV 4K.

During the tvOS 14.7 beta cycle, no major new features were discovered. That suggests that the update is focused on under-the-hood improvements and changes.

The previous tvOS 14.6 update included support for the new Apple TV 4K and Siri remote. Before that, tvOS 14.5 introduced support for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X controllers and a new Color Balance tool.

Updates to the tvOS 14 platform will likely die down as Apple shifts its focus to tvOS 15. Although it didn't get a mention during WWDC 21, tvOS 15 will introduce a number of new updates focused on cross-platform integration.

Some of the new features coming to tvOS 15 include support for watching content with others via SharePlay, a new Share with You feature for TV shows or movies recommended via Messages, and a For All of you page that recommends titles an entire household will enjoy.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get the latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 688member
    When are they going to release an update to make the remote buttons quieter?

CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!...
    edited July 2021
  • Reply 2 of 5
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Appleish said:
    When are they going to release an update to make the remote buttons quieter?

CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!...
    You do know you can turn those clicks off, right.
    dewme
  • Reply 3 of 5
    MorkMork Posts: 22member
    Has this fixed the intermittent video drop outs many people have been experiencing? Looking at Apple TV forums, this has frustrated many including myself, I ended up installing tvOS 15 beta 3 which fixed this for me. Changing all parts of the hardware from the cable, Appletv and trying a different Tv didn’t help.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Sure hope they added Siri support to Hong Kong. Imagine my surprise to find out that I couldn’t use Siri at all with my brand new Apple TV.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    FaceID/TouchID authentication from the control centre remote please?