Satechi releases trio of high-wattage GaN chargers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited July 2021
On Thursday, Apple accessory brand Satechi launched three new high-wattage GaN chargers to keep all of your gear topped off.

Satechi's new USB-C GaN chargers
Satechi's new USB-C GaN chargers

The new Gallium Nitride chargers include a 66W three-port charger, a 100W USB-C PD charger, and a 108W three-port charger for a variety of different use cases.

That 66W charger has multiple output combinations, including 65W or 66W through a single USB-C port, 30W/30W or 45W/20W through two ports or 30W/18W/18W through all three ports. It has a foldable plug that makes it ideal for taking on the go.

Satechi's 66W three-port charger is available from Satechi for $54.99.

Moving up the product line, the 100W USB-C PD Wall Charger can collapse as well but can charge high-powered devices such as large battery packs with 100W inputs or Apple's massive 16-inch MacBook Pro with a 90W input.

This can be found for $69.99 from Satechi.

Finally, the 108W USB-C three-port charger can power up multiple devices at once and can handle several different output combinations. 100W, 60W/45W, 88W/20W, 45W/30W/30W, 58W/30W/20W, and 65W/20W/20W are all supported.

The Satechi 108W three-port charger is available through Satechi for $74.99.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,772member
    I’ve been holding off investing in GaN tech in the hopes that Apple might offer a first-party option eventually. I know they probably never will, but a multi-port USB-C charger from Apple would be awesome. It would definitely be more expensive, but they would still sell a lot of them. 
  • Reply 2 of 2
    techconctechconc Posts: 275member
    Japhey said:
    I’ve been holding off investing in GaN tech in the hopes that Apple might offer a first-party option eventually. I know they probably never will, but a multi-port USB-C charger from Apple would be awesome. It would definitely be more expensive, but they would still sell a lot of them. 
    Yeah, if there was a guarantee that it would work perfectly with all of my devices, that would be nice.  I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that magic unicorn device.  I bought an Aukey 100W GAN charger and it works well for my devices... except for iPads.  It charges them fine, but every couple of minutes it seems to power cycle between charging and not charging the device.  If I'm plugged in while listening to headphones (through USB splitter), it temporarily disables the audio connection so sound comes out of the iPad instead.  Also, when the iPad goes through a charging cycle like that, it makes an unwanted sound, etc.  

I tried a different brand charger as well.  Worked fine for a while then all of a sudden started making a noise and was extremely hot to the touch.  So, yeah, I'd welcome an Apple brand charger, I just don't expect it or at least not with the ports I'm expecting, etc. (2 USB A, 2 USB C).