Apple to restore mask requirement at Apple Stores

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    JWSC said:
    iOS_Guy80 said:
    The correct decision. Or they could ask to see your Covid vaccination certificate in your Apple wallet with no need to wear a mask in the store.

Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from the virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.

The main purpose of vaccines is to develop herd immunity and eliminate a disease -- like we did with polio, smallpox and others.
    But the anti-vaxxers and right wingers are causing the virus to spread and to mutate -- and will not only kill more thousands of Americans but they will likely take our economy down again as well.

They did it once.  They'll do it again.
    (Which is fine by me:   I made a ton of money in the market as a result of their foolishness.  But, I'm greedy.  I want more!)

Meanwhile though:  A vaccinated person is much less likely to become infected and less likely to develop serious illness if they do.  Likewise they are far less likely to infect others.   But nothing is fool proof.
    One: According to media reports it is not just anti-vax people that are causing the virus to spread.  Those that have had two shots of the vaccine, apparently, can also spread the virus.  I make no claim that this is true or false.  But it is what has been reported.

Two: COVID did not take the economy down.  It was, IMO, a deeply irrational government response to COVID driven by a public drowned in media hyped fear and the need of politicians to be seen to be doing something, regardless of how much sense the proposed responses made or how much damage they would inflict on businesses, local communities, peoples  livelihoods, and their physical and mental health.

Three: While significant evidence exists to say that vaccinated individuals are less likely to develop serious complications of COVID infection, much less data has been gathered regarding those who have already been infected and their susceptibility to any new variant.  Many who have already had COVID are wrongly included in the derogatory anti-vax category, which is unhelpful to decision makers and alienates many.  Thus far, few institutions have conducted extensive studies on this.  A new Lancet study has shed some light on this and the data are encouraging.  But more data and studies are needed.

Four: The circular logic of those who are pushing everyone to be vaccinated, coupled with insulting and condescending remarks towards those who are hesitant to get what is still an experimental vaccine, is not going to win hearts and minds.  It is a misguided campaign  destined to lose.  In the US almost everyone who has wanted the vaccine has been vaccinated.  This should be seen as a great success.  But now it’s time to move on and let everyone else live their lives as they choose.
    edited July 2021 Japheymuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 22 of 28
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    JWSC said:
    JWSC said:
    iOS_Guy80 said:
    The correct decision. Or they could ask to see your Covid vaccination certificate in your Apple wallet with no need to wear a mask in the store.

Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from the virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.

The main purpose of vaccines is to develop herd immunity and eliminate a disease -- like we did with polio, smallpox and others.
    But the anti-vaxxers and right wingers are causing the virus to spread and to mutate -- and will not only kill more thousands of Americans but they will likely take our economy down again as well.

(Which is fine by me:   I made a ton of money in the market as a result of their foolishness.  But, I'm greedy.  I want more!)

Meanwhile though:  A vaccinated person is much less likely to become infected and less likely to develop serious illness if they do.  Likewise they are far less likely to infect others.   But nothing is fool proof.
    One: According to media reports it is not just anti-vax people that are causing the virus to spread.  Those that have had two shots of the vaccine, apparently, can also spread the virus.  I make no claim that this is true or false.  But it is what has been reported.

Two: COVID did not take the economy down.  It was, IMO, a deeply irrational government response to COVID driven by a public drowned in media hyped fear and the need of politicians to be seen to be doing something, regardless of how much sense the proposed responses made or how much damage they would inflict on businesses, local communities, peoples  livelihoods, and their physical and mental health.

Three: While significant evidence exists to say that vaccinated individuals are less likely to develop serious complications of COVID infection, much less data has been gathered regarding those who have already been infected and their susceptibility to any new variant.  Many who have already had COVID are wrongly included in the derogatory anti-vax category, which is unhelpful to decision makers and alienates many.  Thus far, few institutions have conducted extensive studies on this.  A new Lancet study has shed some light on this and the data are encouraging.  But more data and studies are needed.

Four: The circular logic of those who are pushing everyone to be vaccinated, coupled with insulting and condescending remarks towards those who are hesitant to get what is still an experimental vaccine, is not going to win hearts and minds.  It is a misguided campaign  destined to lose.  In the US almost everyone who has wanted the vaccine has been vaccinated.  This should be seen as a great success.  But now it’s time to move on and let everyone else live their lives as they choose.
    Viruses mutate. What makes you more knowledgeable than the top scientist at the CDC? You seem to think they are not competent at collecting data when they are the premier agency in the world for this. You left out the strain on our healthcare systems. Also, over 600,000 Americans are dead & growing. The Delta variant is a different beast than the virus we started with. We know that areas with low vaccination rates are experiencing much higher transmission rates. We know that because hospitals & healthcare systems report those numbers. At least they do in states that aren’t run by cult member morons. 

" But now it’s time to move on and let everyone else live their lives as they choose.”

Because they put others at risk & the little thing about viruses mutating mentioned by every competent professional on the planet. They put everyone at risk. Unless there are health reasons for not getting vaccinated there is no excuse. There are countries on this planet that have no access to the vaccines. Here we are probably throwing them away because of pretzel logic like yours. 
    edited July 2021 robabap-dog
  • Reply 23 of 28
    splif said:
    JWSC said:
    JWSC said:
    iOS_Guy80 said:

Viruses mutate. What makes you more knowledgeable than the top scientist at the CDC? You seem to think they are not competent at collecting data when they are the premier agency in the world for this. You left out the strain on our healthcare systems. Also, over 600,000 Americans are dead & growing. The Delta variant is a different beast than the virus we started with. We know that areas with low vaccination rates are experiencing much higher transmission rates. We know that because hospitals & healthcare systems report those numbers. At least they do in states that aren’t run by cult member morons. 

" But now it’s time to move on and let everyone else live their lives as they choose.”

Because they put others at risk & the little thing about viruses mutating mentioned by every competent professional on the planet. They put everyone at risk. Unless there are health reasons for not getting vaccinated there is no excuse. There are countries on this planet that have no access to the vaccines. Here we are probably throwing them away because of pretzel logic like yours. 
    I liked your initial reply, before you changed it.  Cause it made my last point so well.

I’ll just suggest you read the article titled “The war has changed: Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe” in the Washington Post.  Illuminating and disturbing all at once.

I see why Apple is doing what they’re doing.  But it won’t be enough to stop the delta variant.  People are going to get it and it will spread.  No stopping it.  
    We need to focus on symptom mitigating treatment.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    JWSC said:
    splif said:
    JWSC said:
    JWSC said:
    iOS_Guy80 said:

I liked your initial reply, before you changed it.  Cause it made my last point so well.

I’ll just suggest you read the article titled “The war has changed: Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe” in the Washington Post.  Illuminating and disturbing all at once.

I see why Apple is doing what they’re doing.  But it won’t be enough to stop the delta variant.  People are going to get it and it will spread.  No stopping it.  We need to focus on symptom mitigating treatment.
    I deleted my first post because l thought it was a bit harsh. After reading you’re reply I may have to rethink that. I read the article it doesn’t strengthen your argument on people getting vaccinated. As far as mitigating treatment, why can’t we focus on both vaccination and mitigation? With just mitigation, the virus continues to mutate. Then we are playing whack a mole, constantly having to produce new mitigation and vaccination treatments. 
    Unless you are saying the situation is hopeless so fuck it. In that case my deleted response applies. 
    Also, the only comment you addressed was the comment I deleted. 
    edited July 2021 GeorgeBMacp-dog
  • Reply 25 of 28
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    JWSC said:
    JWSC said:
    iOS_Guy80 said:

One:  That's typical bullshit using a false equivalency.   The right uses the technique frequently.
    Two:  More bullshit.  The response was not too much.  it was too little.  Other countries responded with strict lockdowns, testing, tracing, mask mandates and other mitigation efforts and their people and their economies did well.  We didn't do too much.  We did too little and did it badly.  But now, with the vaccine, we have a way to save our sorry asses.
    Three:  Even more bullshit.   You spin in circles.  You defend antivaxxers because there isn't a lot of data on the infectiousness of those who have been infected?  Weak.
    Four:  And even more bullshit.   It is not an experimental vaccine.   It had extensive testing and now it has been tested in hundreds of millions of people.   It's safe and it works.  

The fact that your feeling are hurt when people call bullshit to your bullshit is your problem not ours or that of our government.  Rather it's why we need mandates.  You and your delusions are a threat to the people of this country and its economy.

robabap-dogsplif
  • Reply 26 of 28
    The AP raises another question as vaccinations edge closer to being required for certain functions:

"... raises other issues. For most people, health insurance has been paying. But will that continue if someone refuses to be vaccinated and is not eligible for medical or religious exemptions? "

Why should people who have taken precautions have to pay for those who refused them.   Many of them said:  "I'll take my chances".  So now we're supposed to pay their hospital bills?
    p-dog
  • Reply 27 of 28
    JWSC said:
    JWSC said:
    iOS_Guy80 said:

One:  That's typical bullshit using a false equivalency.   The right uses the technique frequently.
    Two:  More bullshit.  The response was not too much.  it was too little.  Other countries responded with strict lockdowns, testing, tracing, mask mandates and other mitigation efforts and their people and their economies did well.  We didn't do too much.  We did too little and did it badly.  But now, with the vaccine, we have a way to save our sorry asses.
    Three:  Even more bullshit.   You spin in circles.  You defend antivaxxers because there isn't a lot of data on the infectiousness of those who have been infected?  Weak.
    Four:  And even more bullshit.   It is not an experimental vaccine.   It had extensive testing and now it has been tested in hundreds of millions of people.   It's safe and it works.  

The fact that your feeling are hurt when people call bullshit to your bullshit is your problem not ours or that of our government.  Rather it's why we need mandates.  You and your delusions are a threat to the people of this country and its economy.
    As usual, you are impervious to new information, and like others here you resort to crude insults in your reply, which makes one wonder about the cogency of your thoughts.  Silly of me to expect better I guess.  Did you read the WaPo article?  Did you understand it’s implications?  It seems not.  But I’m done.  You have you opinion.  I have mine.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 28 of 28
    JWSC said:
    JWSC said:
    JWSC said:
    iOS_Guy80 said:

As usual, you are impervious to new information, and like others here you resort to crude insults in your reply, which makes one wonder about the cogency of your thoughts.  Silly of me to expect better I guess.  Did you read the WaPo article?  Did you understand it’s implications?  It seems not.  But I’m done.  You have you opinion.  I have mine.

I'll stick to facts as they are known and as they evolve rather than opinion.   They are not the same.