Apple Pay now offered for eBay purchases made on desktop

Posted:
in General Discussion edited July 2021
Online retailer and auction site eBay has rolled out support for Apple Pay on its desktop website.

Apple Watch auction on eBay

Yet another major retailer has added support for Apple Pay on their desktop site. Those visiting eBay can now use Apple Pay to check out when using Safari.

Support for Apple Pay has already existed in eBay's mobile apps for a significant period of time, but the move to support Apple Pay on desktop seems to be new. Users who use their Apple Card for eBay purchases will receive 2% cashback as part of the Apple Card rewards program.

The discovery was made by David Becker over at Appleosophy,, who discovered the option when searching for items to purchase on the site.

Apple continues to develop and expand its Apple Pay services as more users begin utilizing contactless payment methods. Recently, Apple launched new Apple Wallet and Apple Pay webpages, designed to help users better understand the services.

It is also rumored that Apple is allegedly working with Goldman Sachs to provide enhanced installment payment plans to its customers without using Apple Card, in a service internally known as "Apple Pay Later." It would rival existing financing plans offered by companies such as Klarna, Shop, and AfterPay.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mwhitemwhite Posts: 287member
    I don't know where you get this, I looked and looked at a lot of watches and none have apple pay....
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    iOS_Guy80iOS_Guy80 Posts: 814member
    Apple Pay has been one of the best features Apple ever created in iOS, use it all the time. Apple Watch is simply magical.?
    DnykjpRfC6fnBswatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    iOS_Guy80 said:
    Apple Pay has been one of the best features Apple ever created in iOS, use it all the time. Apple Watch is simply magical.?
    Oh I know. I use it everywhere I can and this will be on a larger scale since it’s eBay. This will be good for Apple and a great thank you goes out to eBay as well. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,124member
    There's an Apple Pay logo on every listing, but Apple Pay is not an option during checkout. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ionicleionicle Posts: 98member
    Its available on the ebay app in the UK, been using it for a couple of months now….
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    I love Apple Pay and use it whenever possible, always my first choice for security and convenience. I wish Apple/G-S would implement one-time card numbers for online use.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Oddly on eBay UK, Apple Pay is NOT offered via its website, but IS available if I use the iPhone eBay app...