Mike Wuerthele's daughter's passing

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2021
Hey gang.

Some of you have reached out on assorted social media platforms about my daughter's passing on Thursday. Right now, I'm overwhelmed by the sentiments and questions and I appreciate them all. It's taking me time to respond, but I promise I'll get to you all at some point.

Some of you AI regulars and listeners of my podcast know that one of my kids had a life-long disability. I haven't been loud about what it was, so it's time now.

Marissa's memorial page is here. There are pictures and information there. 

https://everloved.com/life-of/marissa-wuerthele/obituary/?flow=201

I am open to questions -- it just may be a bit until I plow through the queue enough to get to yours.

Oh, and to answer a frequently asked question: yeah, I'm still working, despite ownership's insistence otherwise. It's not a great time to be left alone with my thoughts. I've always known that I was going to outlive her, but you're never fully ready.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,208member
    OMG Mike.

My wife and I 100% understand the sense of loss you and your family are going thru now. Our hearts and souls go out to you. If we can offer any solace to each other please reach out by email or PM. No parent is ever ready. 

EDIT: We just read the obituary, tears flowing. Our own son's memorial is in one hour and Marissa will have a place there in our hearts along with our son. 
    edited August 2021 tht
  • Reply 2 of 6
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,654member
    I'm very sorry for you.

I know I won't outlive my wife or brother. Their conditions make that clear. I know what's coming but, like you, you can never be ready.

My condolences to you and all the family. 
  • Reply 3 of 6
    robabarobaba Posts: 228member
    A wonderful tribute to your daughter—my sincerest condolences for your loss.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    thttht Posts: 5,433member
    My sincerest condolences for your loss. May she live on in your and your family's memories.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    Thanks gang. I appreciate the kind words. 

I've made the decision to keep working (at least for the next few days, taking it day-by-day), because it's worse right now if I don't.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,208member
    Thanks gang. I appreciate the kind words. 

I've made the decision to keep working (at least for the next few days, taking it day-by-day), because it's worse right now if I don't.
    Understood more than you know.