iPad Pro used to create AR effects in music video for Olivia Rodrigo's 'brutal'

Posted:
in iPad edited August 2021
Pop singer-songwriter Olivia Rodrigo used an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil to design some of the augmented reality effects for her latest music video.

Credit: Interscope Records
Credit: Interscope Records

The music video for "brutal," which was released on Monday, features custom AR face masks created using Apple's iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. Alongside the music video's debut, Rodrigo also shared a few clips to TikTok and Instagram showing her editing the face masks.

In addition to the "Made with iPad" branding in the clip, Apple is also promoting the new music video in the Browse tab on Apple Music.

This isn't the first time Apple has partnered with an artist to promote its products. Back in 2019, it teamed up with Selena Gomez on a music video that was shot on iPhone. The video for Lady Gaga's 2020 single "Stupid Love" was also shot on iPhone.

Interscope Records, which represents Rodrigo, Gomez, and Lady Gaga, also produced Billie Eilish documentary "The World's a Little Blurry" earlier in 2021.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    And I'm so tired that I might
    Quit my job, start a new life
    And they'd all be so disappointed
    'Cause who am I, if not exploited
    ... make some #brutalmasks with me and @apple #madeonipad 🫀💘🔪

Ah, pop music. Catchy hook though. 
    doozydozenwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 2
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    That’s actually pretty good, although for particular masks in the clip, the old adage “less is more” might work better.
    watto_cobra