iPhone users drawn to iPad but not Mac or Apple's home devices, study finds

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    After over thirty years every one has a PC.
    The graph says 53%.
    edited August 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 27
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,704member
    Of course this is true. PC is still the major computing device. And Microsoft computers are not compatible with Mac. After over thirty years every one has a PC. Why would anyone give up his/her PC to switch to a Mac? What Apple needs is to make the iPad a real computing device. If PC users can do every thing on iPad, they will stop upgrading their PCs. 

They've been dragging their feet on that for years now.   When they finally introduced a cursor they tried to hide it as an "accessibiity" option  for the handicapped!

My guess is that there is a faction in Apple who wants a "tablet to stay a tablet and only a tablet".  But, reality keeps kicking them in the butt.
    History won't be kind to that faction.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Of course this is true. PC is still the major computing device. And Microsoft computers are not compatible with Mac. After over thirty years every one has a PC. Why would anyone give up his/her PC to switch to a Mac? What Apple needs is to make the iPad a real computing device. If PC users can do every thing on iPad, they will stop upgrading their PCs. 

They've been dragging their feet on that for years now.   When they finally introduced a cursor they tried to hide it as an "accessibiity" option  for the handicapped!

My guess is that there is a faction in Apple who wants a "tablet to stay a tablet and only a tablet".  But, reality keeps kicking them in the butt.
    It actually can be done easily. Turn on the cursor if a mouse is detected. Without a mouse a cursor is almost useless. Why can't UI pioneers in Apple understand this? 
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 24 of 27

It actually can be done easily. Turn on the cursor if a mouse is detected. Without a mouse a cursor is almost useless. Why can't UI pioneers in Apple understand this? 
    When I connect my mouse to iPadOS, that’s exactly what is happening. It is not an accessibility option anymore; it used to be.

The bigger problem is lack of external monitor support (native resolution), so that you can use your tablet as a desktop replacement. Another issue is the clumsy file management, that takes only a few steps in macOS but many in iPadOS.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 25 of 27

When I connect my mouse to iPadOS, that’s exactly what is happening. It is not an accessibility option anymore; it used to be.

The bigger problem is lack of external monitor support (native resolution), so that you can use your tablet as a desktop replacement. Another issue is the clumsy file management, that takes only a few steps in macOS but many in iPadOS.
    Apple should let external monitor to connect to iPad through the USB port. 
  • Reply 26 of 27
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member

Apple should let external monitor to connect to iPad through the USB port. 
    Yes.   And, iPad OS has to be brought up to speed in a number of ways so its closer to that of MacOS.   It's still clumsy to use doing desktop/PC type stuff.