Apple agrees to make key App Store changes, create $100M fund to settle developer lawsuit

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    This isn’t going far enough. 
    This is just a legal move to protect them from what’s coming, but it’s not enough by a long shot.
    Yeah, because building the hardware, the OS and providing the infrastructure for the App Store is so easy and cheap to produce and maintain! I expect to see CheeseFreeze’s versions of each shortly.

Ask yourself this, have the terms changed since they came onboard? Did they not know what Apple’s terms were?  Developers seem to love to bite the hand…. Greedy and ungrateful are terms that come to mind. 

n2itivguy
  • Reply 42 of 47
    danox said:

The AppStore is a complete mess for finding programs, more apps isn’t necessary better, the curation of apps is terrible, note this also applies to Apple Music. 
    Wow. Danox and CheeseFreeze platforms to choose from now as well. I look forward to seeing Donox’s excellent, way-better curation than Apple’s mess of a system. When should I expect this Danox?

• Reply 43 of 47
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    trackeroz said:
    This isn’t going far enough. 
    This is just a legal move to protect them from what’s coming, but it’s not enough by a long shot.
    Yeah, because building the hardware, the OS and providing the infrastructure for the App Store is so easy and cheap to produce and maintain! I expect to see CheeseFreeze’s versions of each shortly.

Ask yourself this, have the terms changed since they came onboard? Did they not know what Apple’s terms were?  Developers seem to love to bite the hand…. Greedy and ungrateful are terms that come to mind. 

I bet that if Apple were not in this industry and Microsoft was, and was charging Apple 30% of its profits for on the MS platform ( say iTunes), then you would have a different opinion. Or if MS had done this on their desktop OS and charged Apple 15-30% there. 

Secondly, as any fule nose, keeping developers happy is a non zero sum game. The number of people here who would destroy the platform for a "victory" over the people who add value to the platform is astonishing. 
    crowleygatorguymuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 44 of 47
    darkvader said:
    Utterly insufficient.

The only acceptable solution is for Apple to unlock app installation.  It's MY iPhone, not Apple's iPhone.  I should be able to install ANY app from ANY source of MY choosing.
    OMG. You again.  How many times do we have to tell you… it’s your hardware (brick) but it’s not your software or firmware. 

Once again I challenge you to provide an intelligent response to this.  
    edited September 2021
  • Reply 45 of 47
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Detnator said:
    darkvader said:
    Utterly insufficient.

The only acceptable solution is for Apple to unlock app installation.  It's MY iPhone, not Apple's iPhone.  I should be able to install ANY app from ANY source of MY choosing.
    OMG. You again.  How many times do we have to tell you… it’s your hardware (brick) but it’s not your software or firmware. 

It’s HIS iPhone but it’s APPLE’s software.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    This is ridiculous. Imagine if Amazon or Wal Mart or even Netflix was forced to give to a “small developer fund”?
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Beats said:
    Detnator said:
    darkvader said:
    Utterly insufficient.

It’s HIS iPhone but it’s APPLE’s software.
    He (DarkVader) has to be a troll or a shill or something.

I and a couple of others have been over this many times with him -- meaning we've told him this and asked or challenged him to respond, but he never does. Just pops up on another thread again sometime later saying the same crap (about how it's his phone and he should be able to do whatever he wants with it).

I'd welcome his point of view if he'd actually discuss it but he never does.