#AppleToo engineer target of online abuse, failed by HR

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    red oak said:
    She’s been at Apple for 1 year.  She has done  this at every company she’s  worked for

Good luck getting another job in tech after this shit show 

This is exactly the kind of “shit show” people hav e to put up with when they get treated like shit and report it LIKE HR EVERYWHERE TELLS THEMTHEY SHOULD.
    I wonder where @"red oak" has gotten this info from though.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    jbilgihan said:
    rcfa said:
    MicDorsey said:
     "... They are also better developers than their older colleagues. "
    Professed while standing on the shoulders of giants 
  • Reply 23 of 25
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    The headline isn’t exactly neutral.  
  • Reply 24 of 25
    The whataboutism in this thread is hilarious. When management and HR do things to you, you *are* a victim, lacking control in the situation, other than leaving the hostile environment.

A friend is inviting me back to his company. The CEO wanted our internal software to run on iOS but IT (rebranded several times) balked. I think some changes over there, including the CEO's son, finally made the difference (plus the need for complete rewrite between Windows Mobile 6.x and 7). They tried arguing with me iOS devices couldn't use a stylus!  :D
    robaba
  • Reply 25 of 25
    robaba said:
    1. Are employee complaints being ignored?  F’yeah, this IS America after all. 
    2. Is Cher Scarlett using the situation to elevate her name in the press?  Perhaps.
    3. If #2 is correct, does that mean that #Appletoo is so compromised it cannot bring about the change in culture hundreds of workers want to see?  Unknown at this time.

idk, seems like she's using her name to elevate the situation. my guess is that underneath this "movement" there's a unionization happening and this collective is the sad misdirection away from it. the NLRB charge seems in line with that. doubt she would benefit from joining a union, but a quick search of her reveals she used to be a stripper and you can never really take the trash out of the girl

the other chick seems like an absolute loon, though. full on conspiracy theories. her twitter feed is hilarious. checks off that she's an official whistleblower rofl