Gateway: Rip. Burn. Respect.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Miami Craig

Thank you for an intelligent response. Your right, I am a musician and I am sensitve to the subject. Next time I'll direct my piracy-bashing to the appropriate threads.

cheers

No problem. . I have a couple friends who are either veterans of the Boston music scene or trying to break in. It's a thorny subject to be sure. I don't blame you for being a bit sensitive.

Cheers in return
  • Reply 22 of 23
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,438member
    Respect is a two way street.

Is Arista showing it's purchasers "respect" by inhibiting their right to make their purchase "portable"

CDs are promotional tools. The industry is once again practicing close minded biz strategies. What's hot right now? DVD. I am seeing some good things happening with low cost CD's from new Artists and DVD bundles with established artists. Consumers want more..they demand more.

Filesharing is not destroying music. The Distributors are. Looks overshadow talent and while that may get your Artist play on MTV it's not going to do much for record sales.

Artists are still shackled in Indentured Servitude when the tools to set them free are out there.

"True" Musicians do it for the love of making music.....not selling Platinum records because of some gimmic. The sooner the Music Industry in it's current form dies...the better. Unlike the last 30 years I believe we can actually foresee a day in which Artists will keep the rights to their music and prosper without some talentless drone sucking the blood from the Artist because he/she is some paper pusher.

I will continue to support financially artists that I listen to. I will continue to download music looking for new artists. There's a world of music out there dying to be heard and I'm hear with open ears.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    hmurchison: Your right I think I have different views on the piracy of music. I have quite a few friends that are in real bands that play real shows quite often and are quite popular in their genre in the half of the state I live in.

With that background said, If they found out people where downloading their music, listening to it and showing their friends they would be happy as hell. They make music because they love music. Not to bitch when some one wants to listen to it..

Funny - They still make money from their music to...