Logitech's Logi Dock is an all-in-one conferencing and USB-C dock solution

Posted:
in General Discussion
The new Logi Dock integrates with meeting apps like Zoom, has a seven-port USB-C and USB-A hub, and will be available in the winter for $399.00.

The Logi Dock is an all-in-one conferencing and dock device
The Logi Dock is an all-in-one conferencing and dock device

Logitech designed the Logi Dock with the work from home culture in mind. It combines a multi-port dock with a speakerphone, music speaker, and video conferencing controls.

The Logi Dock is integrated with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet for in-chat controls. The LED on the front of the device will alert users to a meeting, and the top button takes you directly into the conference.

The meeting and calendar integration features are controlled using Logi Tune, an app available for macOS, Windows, and ChromeOS. In addition, the dedicated volume, mute, and video control buttons work with the video conferencing software in use.

The speakerphone portion uses six noise-canceling microphones to deliver clear audio to callers when you're not using a headset. The Logi Dock has two 55 mm neodymium speakers for high-quality audio playback, so even music comes through clearly.

There are seven ports and a Kensington lock available
There are seven ports and a Kensington lock available

There are seven available ports, including a 100W USB-C port for connecting your computer. Other ports include two USB 3 Type-A ports, two USB 3.1 Type-C ports, a DisplayPort, and an HDMI port.

There is also a dedicated Bluetooth connection button for paring a smartphone or tablet to the device for audio playback.

The Logi Dock will become available starting in winter 2021. It retails for $399.00 and requires the free Logi Tune software to work with your calendars.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    $399 is quite high for this market. This does have some nice innovative features, but I could definitely forgo them.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Weird USB-C port on the side.  I wonder what the thinking was in putting it there.

Looks like a decent solution to me, though surprised it doesn't have ethernet.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    linkman said:
    $399 is quite high for this market. This does have some nice innovative features, but I could definitely forgo them.
    It's not. Look at any Lenovo or Dell business docking station, they all are in the $350-$499 market, and have significantly less features. The ONE thing I'm missing from this is ethernet. I'm also very curious if this actually supports dual monitors on a Mac too, something I doubt since it's not Thunderbolt and macOS does not support DisplayPort MST, otherwise, this is a very, very attractive product for me to work from home.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    neilmneilm Posts: 987member
    kmoberg said:
    linkman said:
    It's not. Look at any Lenovo or Dell business docking station, they all are in the $350-$499 market, and have significantly less features. The ONE thing I'm missing from this is ethernet. I'm also very curious if this actually supports dual monitors on a Mac too, something I doubt since it's not Thunderbolt and macOS does not support DisplayPort MST, otherwise, this is a very, very attractive product for me to work from home.
    I noted the missing ethernet too. But a USB-C to ethernet adapter ought to take care of that, if a little inelegantly.
    watto_cobra