Apple won't make NDA exceptions for workplace harassment cases

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    No NDA I've ever signed is enforceable when it comes to illegal acts by the company.  If (and frankly, I think that's a huge "if") Apple is willfully covering up illegal harassment, then anything in the NDA that relates to that harassment is out the window.  That includes any requirements for non-judicial arbitration.

The law simply does not permit a company to shut employees up about the company's illegal activities.

At least, not here in Kentucky.  Maybe California is backwards in that respect, I don't know.

Yeah, the problem is that you have to break the NDÀ to expose the illegal act and in the process you get fired, sued, financially and professionally ruined, etc. and by the time it’s settled great. Turns out you didn’t do anything illegal, but damage done. 

The rules should be tied to the NDA, not to some general Apple Conduct document.  Apple can change that doc separate from NDAs. 
  • Reply 22 of 23
    robabarobaba Posts: 228member
    ronn said:
    "In California, employees technically have the right to discuss sex discrimination. But there’s nothing that protects those who go public with experiences of racism..."

Once Gov. Newsome signs the "Silenced No More Act," discussing racial discrimination won't be prohibited. Apple should have agreed to this as being stubborn will only give itself a bad rap.
    The sooner newsom is ousted, the better. Foolish laws like that only embolden a culture that uses racism as an excuse for too many things. Unfortunately, racism is real and it isn’t only pointed toward one race. Also unfortunate are foolish laws designed to protect those who manipulate the “race card” in the last year we have seen criminals destroy property and commit serious domestic terrorism. But they get away with it simply by crying racism. Then they turn around and blame homeowners and shop owners for defending their property. Then they want to defund the barrier that protects an innocent public of all races from the terrorism. 

Gruesome Newsom out. Otherwise we will just see more and more of this hypocrisy. 

Apple doesn’t get a bad rap for not doing what manipulators say. Apple only gets a bad rap if it is doing bad things. It’s the manipulators that need to be looked at through this smokescreen of finger pointing. In any workplace there can be isolated legit harassment. But to claim it’s sysemic or part of Apple culture is ignorant and reeks of agenda. 
    So racism is real, but don’t point it out, is that what I’m hearing?
    ronn