Only 10% iPhone owners plan upgrade to 'iPhone 13,' poll finds

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    I'll probably go for a 13 Pro Max 512 GB, and keep my 12 Pro Max to fly my DJI Mavic Air 2 and as a backup phone.

The old iPhone 6 and 7s are getting pretty long in the tooth and really wouldn't serve as an adequate backup any more.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    I’m still using an iPhone XS. I was interested in the 13 Max for the improved cameras and bigger, improved screen.

The thing is, I rarely use the iPhone as a phone. 
    Mainly, I use it for vehicle navigation, hiking with AllTrails ( bigger screen will be great for that) and as a music player through AirPlay 2 speakers and hi-if. 

I get more Chinese spam calls than calls from people or clients I know. 
    I set it to only ring for numbers in my Contacts, but the spammers still get through.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    sdw2001 said:
    The number one feature I want?  Solve the screen dimming issue on the 12 Pro Max.  It occurs despite any brightness settings tried.  It is a protection "feature."  If you charge your phone while using certain apps, the screen can dim as much as 50%.  Ditto on warm temperatures or direct sunlight.  This has been an issue going back to iPhone 6 for me, and it is infuriating.  What is the point of having such a fast and powerful processor if I can't use it because of heat?  
    You can't use the phone if the screen is dim?
  • Reply 24 of 30
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    As I predicted, folks held off buying new phones till Apple released a 5G phone -- then they leaped at it.

iPhone 13 demand will suffer because it is following the enormous sales of the iPhone 12.  Plus, the older older "X" models are still mostly running pretty well since iPhones now have longer lives.  And, in addition, the iPhone 13 will, effectively be an "S" model with limited "new & improved" shiny objects to attract people and more internal improvements that are harder to sell to the general public.

But, one of those internal improvements may be important:  the iPhone 12 sports a 1st generation 5G modem.   The iPhone 13 could offer significantly improved 5G efficiency and performance.

For myself:   My Xr is running like it was new and its covered by AppleCare+ for any problems.  I have zero interest in spending over a grand on a replacement for a phone that's meeting my needs just fine. 
  • Reply 25 of 30
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,388member
    This would be my flip year, having bought an iPhone 11 last year. This time around my Pixel is due for an upgrade.

I considered all the iPhones and purposely bought the 11, which besides being cheaper is relatively future-proofed for a few years, so maybe the 14, but more likely the year after. I'm good with waiting particularly since I've come nowhere close to stressing this one. I don't do engineering on it, am not a movie maker, and gaming just isn't my thing anyway.  Faster processor means nothing for me. This one already does more than I demand of it.
    edited September 2021
  • Reply 26 of 30

the rest are in SHOCK by Apples blatant DISRESPECT AND TOTAL BETRAYAL OF THEIR CUSTOMERS BY ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL A BACKDOOR IN EVERYONE OF THEIR DEVICES DISGUISED AS VIRTUE! ( HYPOCRISY DOES NOT GET WORSE THAN THIS)

WAKE THE F UP APPLE?TIM?CRAIG

• Reply 27 of 30
    Unscientific poll, asking about a unknown/unreleased phone with no real specs. Commenters back this up with antidotal evidence. Apple goes on to sell iPhones like crazy. 

I’m keeping my 2nd gen SE, nothing to do with any upcoming phone, just good enough and I try to cut the cost down. Will be getting one for my wife to replace her iPhone X. 
  • Reply 28 of 30
    gatorguy said:
    This would be my flip year, having bought an iPhone 11 last year. This time around my Pixel is due for an upgrade.

I considered all the iPhones and purposely bought the 11, which besides being cheaper is relatively future-proofed for a few years, so maybe the 14, but more likely the year after. I'm good with waiting particularly since I've come nowhere close to stressing this one. I don't do engineering on it, am not a movie maker, and gaming just isn't my thing anyway.  Faster processor means nothing for me. This one already does more than I demand of it.
    It means nothing to me as well -- and the same is true for PCs (except the really low-end processors).
    But it remains a major selling point for manufacturers -- which suggests that most people THINK it means something.

In the end it's like a car with a top end of 180mph.  It still does the same 70mph on the highway.

But that said, Apple has done a nice job adding in low-power cores to extend battery life while retaining enough high-power cores to get the job done when needed.

• Reply 29 of 30
    Unscientific poll, asking about a unknown/unreleased phone with no real specs. Commenters back this up with antidotal evidence. Apple goes on to sell iPhones like crazy. 

I’m keeping my 2nd gen SE, nothing to do with any upcoming phone, just good enough and I try to cut the cost down. Will be getting one for my wife to replace her iPhone X. 

Good Enough?
    That's you and millions of others...

We used to have to replace a phone every couple years (3 at the outside).  But phones have progressed, matured and stabilized so that it is no longer necessary.  Plus, Apple distributes free upgrades to their OS so that even the older phones are current (and its the OS that provides the functionality)
  • Reply 30 of 30
    I've had an 11 Pro for almost 2 years and I only got it because of the camera. The 13 will have to surpass that for me to think about it this round. Beside, I'm just paying mine off and I really don't want a higher phone bill because of it (I buy through Verizon).