New Ikea & Sonos Symfonisk AirPlay lamp leaks with changeable lampshades

Posted:
in General Discussion
A support document for Symfonisk speakers has inadvertently leaked a second-generation AirPlay 2 compatible lamp with new swappable lampshades.

Images of the new Symfonisk lamps from Ikea
Images of the new Symfonisk lamps from Ikea

The new product appears to come in separate pieces, a base, and two lampshade choices. Customers can purchase any of the three in black or white.

According to a Reddit user, they spotted lampshades in an Ikea labeled for Symfonisk lamps. However, they were not compatible with the old device. After a search for the product ID, a Portuguese support document showed images of the new lamp.

The Verge shared images of the documentation showing each component's pricing, though a release date isn't known. The lamp base is about $150, the fabric shade is about $25, and the glass shade is about $35.

The original Symfonisk lamp cost $179, which included the base and glass shade all-in-one. It has been heavily discounted and will likely be discontinued once the second-generation model releases.

The new Symfonisk lamp will support AirPlay 2, according to the document, just like its predecessor. Since it is also a Sonos speaker, it can be added to an existing Sonos system and paired with other Symfonisk lamps in stereo.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Is it me or is this a HomePod with a lamp shade?

And is it me or is this really ugly as hell?
    JWSCwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 2
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Is it me or is this a HomePod with a lamp shade?

And is it me or is this really ugly as hell?
    I didn’t see the HomePod before. Now, I can’t see anything else, lol. 

And no, it’s not just you…that thing is butt ugly. I wouldn’t even put it the attic. 
    watto_cobra