US carriers debut promotional offers for iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro [u]

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2021
Just hours after Apple unveiled the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro, various U.S. carriers are now sharing promotional offers letting customers get the new handsets at a discount.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

AT&T, for example, is offering the iPhone 13 Pro free of charge to new and existing customers on unlimited data plans when they trade in qualifying devices. Customers will be able to nab an iPhone 13 Pro or iPhone 13 mini for no charge if they trade in devices like the iPhone 11, iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro.

The iPhone 13 Pro Max or iPhone 13 will be available for $99 with a qualifying trade-in. AT&T is also taking $200 off the price of an Apple Watch Series 7 when they purchase at least two devices and open a new line.

Verizon is holding a similar promotional offer, giving users up to $800 off any iPhone 13 model with qualifying trade ins on select unlimited plans. Additionally, Verizon is giving new customers up to $500 off the cost of switching if they come from a different carrier.

Verizon is also discounting select iPad models up to $250 and select Apple Watch models up to $150 if they buy an iPhone 13 on select device payment plans.

All of Verizon's plans include six months of free Apple Music, while the Get More Unlimited Plan has Apple Music baked in.

T-Mobile announced an offer that nets customers a free iPhone 13 with eligible trade-in offer and commitment to select plans. Customers can get a free iPhone 13 Pro (or up to $1000 off iPhone 12 or 13 series) with 30 monthly bill credits on the company's zero-interest Equipment Installment Plan with an eligible trade-in on Magenta MAX or Sprint MAX. Further, users can snag $800 towards a new iPhone every two years through T-Mobile's Forever Upgrade program.

Additionally, T-Mobile customers can get an iPhone 13 Pro for half price or up to $500 off any new iPhone 13 model via 30 monthly bill credits with an eligible trade-in on any T-Mobile plan.

Apple's own trade-in program allows users to get up to $790 for an iPhone 12 Pro Max, up to $640 for an iPhone 12 Pro, up to $530 for an iPhone 12, or up to $400 for an iPhone 12 mini. To see the latest iPhone and iPad values from buyback providers, visit AppleInsider's Apple Trade-in Guide.

Updated with T-Mobile offer.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Honestly you have done your best to simplify the offers but reality is they are way more complicated than meets the eye, and I’m just so over it
    red oak
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Honestly you have done your best to simplify the offers but reality is they are way more complicated than meets the eye, and I’m just so over it

Not really. I traded in my X last year for a 12 Pro for the maximum trade value and the plan worked seamlessly..
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Where is the 500 dollars for any plan at t mobile?  Any link to it?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    azulon1 said:
    Where is the 500 dollars for any plan at t mobile?  Any link to it?
    I think this is a misunderstanding of the T-Mobile carrier deal directly through Apple. That deal will allow you to receive whatever your trade-in value for your phone is through Apple directly. Additionally, T-Mobile will give you $500 worth of bill credits over 2 years if you have a Magenta Max plan. If you have any other plan, though, that $500 drops down to $200.