LaCie debuts new SSDs, including Apple Store exclusive space gray options

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2021
In the shadow of the iPhone 13 event, LaCie has debuted the Apple Store exclusive LaCie Mobile SSD Secure alongside the LaCie Portable SSD.

LaCie intros two new mobile SSDs
LaCie intros two new mobile SSDs

Up first is the LaCie Mobile SSD Secure which boasts transfer speeds of up to 1,050 megabytes per second over USB Type-C. With the LaCie Toolkit software, it can benefit from hardware encryption to provide additional peace of mind.

LaCie Mobile SSD Secure in space gray
LaCie Mobile SSD Secure in space gray

As the Mobile SSD Secure is available exclusively through Apple, its aluminum body will sport a Space Gray anodization to complement Apple's gear.

The LaCie Portable SSD has a nearly identical exterior. Its aluminum chassis comes in silver, rather than Space Gray, but sports the same three meters of drop protection.

LaCie Portable SSD
LaCie Portable SSD

Many other aspects are the same as well, including transfer speeds over USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C. The big difference between the two is that the Portable SSD lacks the hardware encryption found on the Mobile SSD Secure.

Apple will offer the LaCie Mobile SSD Secure later in September for $139.99 for 500GB, $229.99 for 1TB, and $399.99 for 2TB.

The LaCie Portable SSD is available now in a 500GB capacity for $129.99, $209.99 for 1TB, and $369.99 for 2TB.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Overpriced as usual. You can get the Samsung T7 with the same performance for $50 cheaper.

I’m still amazed LaCie is still around. My first external hard drive was I think a 210MB Tsunami, back then they used Quantum drives. Think I paid around $500 for it.