Apple rolls out AppleCare+ extensions to France, Italy and Spain

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2021
Apple is expanding availability of an AppleCare+ option that allows device users to extend their warranty beyond the typical coverage period.

AppleCare+

Announced in an updated support document, users in France, Italy and Spain might be able to purchase additional coverage if they paid upfront for an AppleCare+ plan for iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch. The new plan renews on a monthly basis.

Previously, the extended coverage options were limited to Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Owners must purchase new coverage within 30 days of their original plan's termination date. Apple notes that extensions are automatically renewed until canceled, with the company stating that it can end coverage in certain cases including instances in which service parts are no longer available. Prior written notice will be provided in such cases.

Customers can check when their coverage expires by visiting mysupport.apple.com.

The expansion is the latest change to Apple's warranty service. In April, Apple began to allow Mac owners in U.S. to keep their AppleCare+ plan active beyond three years, and in August introduced an option by which new owners can purchase a plan as an annual subscription.

AppleCare+ offers coverage beyond Apple's standard one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of technical support. The service extends hardware repair coverage and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage every 12 months, each subject to a service fee.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    This is great news for those countries...
    Essentially, it insures that you will have a functional Apple product until you (or Apple) decide it is no longer worth keeping up.

And, even better, it covers the product when it is most likely to fail:  AFTER two years.   For instance, batteries often fail after the standard 2 year AppleCare+ program.  Apple just replaced my Apple Watch Series 4 when it stopped taking EKGs because something went wrong in the crown button where you put your finger.

At this point, both my AppleWatch Series4 and my iPhone Xr are covered with an extension of their original AppleCare+ policies (the phone is even covered for loss & theft!).   While it is true that these products are worth much less in the trade in/resale market today, each is worth its original price to me -- because that's what I would have to pay (for new products) if I was forced to replace it.

This is one THE BEST programs Apple offers to its customers.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Dropped my iphone 12 pro and broke its screen for the first time ever (going back to 3G). $280 to repair via Apple, $480 from the indy shops. Wish I has AC….now that they offer it on money installments it only makes sense to add it. 
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Dropped my iphone 12 pro and broke its screen for the first time ever (going back to 3G). $280 to repair via Apple, $480 from the indy shops. Wish I has AC….now that they offer it on money installments it only makes sense to add it. 

Sorry to hear that.
    If it's any comfort, you are not the first and you won't be the last.