iOS 15 picking up fewer upgraders two days after launch than iOS 14 did

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    very hesitated to upgrade. the ghost of CSAM is still there.
    besides, will iPhone resemble Xiaomi in sensorship? Take a look in the Lithuania government report.  In Jobs era, I’d believe that the chance is nil, but not so sure today. Where’s iPhone 13 made?
    Apple talks about Privacy. I’m concerned of National Security and citizen security.
    mike54williamlondon
  • Reply 22 of 24
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Isn't there normally a modal pop up telling you that an update is available?   I haven't had that yet.  If Apple aren't pushing the update then it's hardly surprising that casual users aren't upgrading.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 24
    crowley said:
    Isn't there normally a modal pop up telling you that an update is available?   I haven't had that yet.  If Apple aren't pushing the update then it's hardly surprising that casual users aren't upgrading.
    It looks like Apple is being less pushy this time around. In the settings, it shows that you are up to date if you have 14.8 or something and right at the bottom is a link that says 15 is also available.

I didn't know what date 15 was releasing, but the moment I saw stories on MacHash about it, I updated my phone and then my iPad. It went off painlessly and no crashes or bugs in the apps I usually use.
    The OCR part is really amazing and useful. 
    I'll be playing around with the new widgets tonight. I just read William's post about them.
    watto_cobra