Apple-backed lobbying groups accused of fighting climate legislation

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Alex_VAlex_V Posts: 217member
    toddzrx said:
    Alex_V said:
    ...if Mr. Cook genuinely cared about climate change why would he purchase a ten thousand square foot home, presumably for one person...?

Whataboutism. 
    More like hypocrisy Alex. Pretty much a dictionary example of it. 

Comments about that story remarked on how the price is pretty modest for that area. A million pounds wont get you a shoebox in parts of London. Do you expect Tim Cook to live in a trailer park, like the rest of your workforce? “Hypocrisy” is the last resort for those who have nothing left to say on the matter. 
    tht
  • Reply 22 of 25
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    F Kent D however, is putting out misinformation. There is no requirement for all workers in every business to get vaccinated as you have implied.

No, you are incorrect and F Kent D was spot on - it was indeed buried into the bill hoping no one would notice: https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2021/proposed-federal-fines-for-failing-to-enforce-workplace-mandates-are-up-to-700000/

And plenty of other sites have reported on it if you don't like that one.  
  • Reply 23 of 25
    ...if Mr. Cook genuinely cared about climate change why would he purchase a ten thousand square foot home, presumably for one person...?
    So you know all this because you've interviewed Mr. Cook?

One has nothing whatsoever to do with the other.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Good, I hope it’s true. Anyone that has any sanity left should be opposed to this bill, for many reasons, climate nonsense being just one. Climate is purely a political issue and a way to manipulate economies. Even if you failed grade school science and somehow believe that extremely low levels of gaseous plant fertilizer is somehow bad for the planet, the political efforts to reduce CO2 do nothing. 
    If you've got eyes and a brain you'd know that climate change is real, present, and threatening.

Wildfires in the west, Hurricanes in the gulf, entire weather patterns trashed, polar caps melting, water encroaching on Miami and other seacoasts, the entire western third of the US drying out, floods in the midwest, and deep freezes in the south - climate is changing in ways that have never happened before in the entire length of recorded human history.

Even China is trying to limit fossil fuel consumption - though a good deal of their power shortages can be traced back to the political exclusion of Australian coal.

Still ... fossil fuels.

The polar vortex has started early, and currents in the South Atlantic and the easterly jet stream portend a more severe winter this year - as the CO₂ levels increase the entire climate gets more interesting and I'd really like my daughter to have a world worth living in.

That said, I'd like to know what that 3.5 trillion dollars is for.

We do need infrastructure improvements - a good deal of what we have were built back in the days of the depression and is falling apart, but I'm sure this thing is full of gravy which has to be carefully decanted out.

Oh ... and while we're the subject I support full vaccination of everyone except for those with medical exemptions - and support raising the premiums on the unvaccinated to levels commiserate with the risk lack of vaccination imparts. The unvaccinated are 4.5x as likely to contract COVID, and 10x more likely to end up in the hospital (a $20,000-$50,000 vacation in the states), and 11x more likely to die. All that should be reflected in the premiums both for health insurance and death benefits.

Yeah, I know ... we're probably all going to get COVID because of the transmissibility of Delta - but there's absolutely no reason why we should let the unvaccinated saturate our healthcare system and critical care facilities, and absolutely no reason those who have done all they could to avoid calamity should have to pay for the idiocy of those who haven't.
    edited October 2021