Apple Watch Series 7 orders prepare to ship for Oct 15 release

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited October 2021
Preorders for the Apple Watch Series 7 are starting to be processed ready for shipping to consumers, but there will still be minimal deliveries ahead of its October 15 street date.

The pre-order process for the Apple Watch Series 7 has followed the familiar pattern of other Apple product launches, starting on Friday via the Apple website with a rush of orders. With the Apple Watch expected to be in customer's hands by October 15, naturally there's some progression being made in fulfilling the purchases.

A number of early orders for the new Apple Watch model have started to see their orders change from "Processing" to "Preparing to Ship" in the online Apple Store's tracking, reports 9to5Mac. The same listings also continue to state that the order will arrive on Friday October 15, as expected.

Just like the iPhone 13 preorders in September, it is worth remembering that, even if Apple were to ship the orders days in advance of the street date, they won't necessarily arrive early.

Apple works with its shipping partners to try and maintain release dates by preventing early deliveries from occurring. While occasionally early deliveries do occur, the vast majority of preorders with a street-date-arrival will turn up on time or later, not before.

The scrum for orders was, as usual for Apple, intensive, with arrival dates for some variants slipping within only a few minutes of availability. For some models, new preorders will see deliveries take place in early November.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I’m very disappointed Apple still only releases the Series 7 in aluminium and without cellular connectivity in the Netherlands. It’s 2021, for God sakes. 
    The whole promise of a stand-alone device that’s great for an outdoor/active lifestyle, and minimizing “digital noise” is ruined by having zero connection with the internet without having your phone with you all the time. 
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Long story short. Went in last Friday and tried to order the Starlight 45MM Apple Watch 7 with WIFI/Cellular and it stated the watch would not get here on the 15th. of October but could pick up at apple store near me but delivery was to long away.

Wife said don't bother, we can wait until the Apple Watch 8 arrives next year. We wear Apple Watch 6's now. So no hurry...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    elector said:
    Long story short. Went in last Friday and tried to order the Starlight 45MM Apple Watch 7 with WIFI/Cellular and it stated the watch would not get here on the 15th. of October but could pick up at apple store near me but delivery was to long away.

Wife said don't bother, we can wait until the Apple Watch 8 arrives next year. We wear Apple Watch 6's now. So no hurry...
    You know you’ll face the same issues with deliveries next year too, right? What will you do if you can’t get that on day one, wait for the Series 9? Just because the delivery estimates are around three weeks, that doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t be able to get one delivered from your local Apple store starting Friday. I ordered my 13 Pro Max yesterday afternoon and it was delivered via courier 30 minutes later, and the delivery estimates for those are around 5 weeks. So don’t give up just yet. 
    edited October 2021
  • Reply 4 of 6
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    I have a November 2-9 delivery window for the 45mm silver stainless steel version even though I ordered it immediately after the Apple Store reopened. I’m guessing certain versions just weren’t available for 10/15 delivery even from the get go. 
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Japhey said:
    elector said:

You know you’ll face the same issues with deliveries next year too, right? What will you do if you can’t get that on day one, wait for the Series 9? Just because the delivery estimates are around three weeks, that doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t be able to get one delivered from your local Apple store starting Friday. I ordered my 13 Pro Max yesterday afternoon and it was delivered via courier 30 minutes later, and the delivery estimates for those are around 5 weeks. So don’t give up just yet. 
    Actually that is not the point of the matter. Pre-order stated I could go to Apple store after I placed the order as what my wife wanted. Although the store is 15 minutes away from me she said don't bother. I thought that was a crazy statement but her reasoning was the whole process of pre-order was to get the item she wanted and not have to go out of our way to pick it up. Unlike most people she is working so I can see her point. Couple with the fact our watch 6's have the same as the apple watch 7 except for the slightly larger face and the always on and battery life, its really not that much of a improvement. 
  • Reply 6 of 6
    bluefire1 said:
    I have a November 2-9 delivery window for the 45mm silver stainless steel version even though I ordered it immediately after the Apple Store reopened. I’m guessing certain versions just weren’t available for 10/15 delivery even from the get go. 
    I believe you are correct. I was also reading that on Friday I could go into apple store and possible get one without any issue since they have them for walk in customers.
    Again we can wait.