Apple rumored to release 27-inch iMac with mini-LED display in early 2022

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    mike54 said:
    I wish Apple took its  Mac Mini seriously. I have no interest in iMac's as I find them wasteful, so the MAc Mini is the only choice left for a desktop. I hoping for a MAc Mini Pro with at least an M1 Max offering early next year. It should be a yearly upgrade like the iMacs and Macbooks.
    We know it’s coming, there have been leaks on the full redesign for months now. How are they not taking it seriously?
    williamlondonrobaba
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Alex_VAlex_V Posts: 218member
    danvm said:
    I think Apple should copy what Lenovo does with their business AiO monitors.  The Mac Mini would be perfect for something like this.  This way you could extend the life of the monitor when upgrading your Mac.

Ouch. My eyes are hurting. Does that thing take a floppy disk?
    opinionwilliamlondon
  • Reply 23 of 29
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    Alex_V said:
    danvm said:
    I think Apple should copy what Lenovo does with their business AiO monitors.  The Mac Mini would be perfect for something like this.  This way you could extend the life of the monitor when upgrading your Mac.

It's not nearly as sleek and elegant as an iMac, but it's actually a pretty practical design for a business environment that uses thin clients. The brain is up and out of the way but by keeping the components discrete it's easy to swap out one or the other if needed for upgrades and repairs.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 24 of 29
    xbitxbit Posts: 390member
    I would love it if Apple did start making standalone monitors again. I'm looking for a monitor to go with my new MacBook Pro and Apple doesn't even sell the LG 5K monitor in the UK anymore.  :/
    opinion
  • Reply 25 of 29
    danvmdanvm Posts: 1,409member
    Alex_V said:
    danvm said:

I agree, they look terrible, specially from the back.  From the front they look far better, since the screen borders are very thin.  But from a technical and practical POV, is far better than an iMac, IMO.  Apple could have 24" and 27" "iMac Display" and expand the options of Mac Mini's.  Maybe have a Mac Mini as we have today for light use and a high end Mac Mini Pro, like the one rumored in the past months.  Down the road you could replace the Mac Mini while keeping the "iMac Display".  Same for service.  If you have problem with the Mac Mini, just detach it from the monitor and take it to the Apple Store.  Again, I see this a better option compared to the iMac we have today.  
  • Reply 26 of 29
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,458member
    For those moaning about no Mac mini w/ M1 Pro or M1 Max (myself included)... I believe this is a supply chain issue, not because Apple doesn't want to ship such a machine. I think they understand the value of the Mac mini in the market, especially with the crazy performance levels their new chips can deliver.  The MBP line, however, delivers a higher revenue stream and has much larger demand.  Once the supply chain catches up, we will see them deploy the new chips more widely -- both in iMac and Mac mini lineups.

What I'm really curious about is what the Mac Pro will look like.  That machine needs to accommodate requirements that none of the rest of their lineup demands -- expandable and large memory (i.e. terabyte scale), lots of drive expansion, add-in cards, many more ports, faster networking, higher bandwidth I/O, etc.  I have some ideas about how they're going to achieve that with Apple Silicon, and it'll be interesting to see if I'm right or if they have even cooler ideas on the way.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Who is the supplier of the mini-LED screens for the iPhone 13 Pro and others mentioned that will get them?
  • Reply 28 of 29
    May I ask if ProMotion on the new MacBooks applies only to the built-in monitor, or also any external monitors. And how would I know if my current external monitor on my Mac Mini would support ProMotion?
    The answer is no. Pro Motion is simply adaptive 120HZ, the built in HDMI is only ver 2.0 NOT 2.1 also the specs say that external displays are supported to 60HZ.