Next Apple Watch Activity Challenge honors Veterans Day

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited October 2021
Apple's next Apple Watch Activity Challenge celebrates Veterans Day, with users of the wearable able to earn a limited edition award and animated stickers by completing a workout on Nov. 11.

Apple Watch Activity Challenge

Like past Veterans Day challenges, Apple Watch users can earn an American flag-inspired Activity award by participating in a workout of their choosing for at least 11 minutes on Thursday, Nov. 11.

In addition to the digital award, those who complete the challenge will receive an animated sticker pack for use in Messages, FaceTime and other apps.

"Earn this special award on November 11 by doing any workout for 11 minutes or more. Record your time with the Workout app or any app that adds workouts to Health," Apple says, according to MacRumors.

Apple held its first Veterans Day Activity Challenge in 2017. The event sometimes accompanies the debut of curated content collections on Apple's various online services or a corporate donation supporting veterans causes.

Last year, the company offered a four-month free trial of Apple Music to veterans of the U.S. military, National Guard and Reserve. The App Store also highlighted apps designed to help members of the military, while Apple TV and Apple Books published special content collections.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Is this only for the US? Canada doesn’t have Veterans Day. It’s called Remembrance Day and it’s all about the Poppy which would make a nice badge. 
    GeorgeBMacwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 2
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,034member
    Apple offers a 10% discount every day to active duty, guard, reserve, retired and honorably discharged members of the armed forces.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the homepage you will see a link to the veterans and military store. It is a nice gesture that saved me $200 on my new MacBook Pro 14.
    The store uses a web service called ID me to verify your eligibility.

With Veterans Day coming up I offer a shout out and thank you to my brothers and sisters who are serving and have served.
    dewmeronnapplguywatto_cobra