Firefox 94 introduces new homepage design for iOS, iPadOS

Posted:
in General Discussion
Mozilla has released a new version of Firefox that features an updated homepage design that makes it easier to pick up your previous browsing.

Credit: Firefox
Credit: Firefox

The Firefox 94 update, released Tuesday, introduces the new homepage design, which shows the user's last open tab, any recently viewed bookmarks, and recent searches. Additionally, Firefox is also introducing a new feature that will clear tab clutter. Tabs that a user hasn't visited will be removed from the tab view in an inactive state, but will still be viewable.

Firefox also integrates with Pocket, and the browser is releasing a new feature on Android that will allow users to customize their Pocket article recommendations. Although the feature isn't yet available for iOS, Firefox implied that it could arrive in the future.

The update homepage design is available in Firefox 94 on iOS and iPadOS. A new version of the desktop browser that adds new "Colorways," which will allow users to tweak the color of their browsers, is also available for macOS.

Additionally, the updated desktop browser also has a new power-saving and a site isolation mechanism that could help prevent side-channel attacks like Spectre.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,372member
    I’ve found myself using Firefox more often over the past six months or so. For some reason Safari seems to be in a constant state of regression on all platforms. On some devices features like Frequently Visited work, but don’t work on other devices. 

The more Apple plays around with keeping all of my Safari settings, bookmarks, and reading list synchronized across iCloud the more random is the behavior of these features on different devices. Who knows what is going on, maybe private relay is mucking things up.

All I know is that Firefox has no problem keeping all my settings synced up across macOS, iOS, iPadOS, Windows, and Linux while Safari can’t seem to manage keeping just my iPadOS devices synced up.