Apple releases HomePod software version 15.1.1 with fix for Podcasts playback

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple has released software version 15.1.1 for HomePod mini and HomePod that fixes an issue where Podcasts could fail to play.

HomePod software version 15.1.1 now available
HomePod software version 15.1.1 now available

The HomePod and HomePod mini software is normally updated alongside other operating systems, but Apple has released a specific update to address issues with Podcasts playback.

Apple previously updated the HomePod software on October 25 to introduce lossless playback and Dolby Atmos music. These features were promised in an earlier release but were delayed.

The new HomePod mini colors are now available to order. There are now five colors available including blue, orange, and yellow.

Owners of the HomePod or HomePod mini will be automatically updated to the new software version if no action is taken. Those who want to install the update right away can initiate the update by opening the Home app, tapping the Home icon in the top left corner, selecting "Home Settings" then "Software Update."

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Wonder if this also fixes the new issue that arose where tapping the HomePod to adjust the volume causes it to say it is raising or lowering the volume in a choppy, sped up voice. I'll try it when I get home tonight.

foregoneconclusion
  • Reply 2 of 8
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,007member
    mike1 said:
    Wonder if this also fixes the new issue that arose where tapping the HomePod to adjust the volume causes it to say it is raising or lowering the volume in a choppy, sped up voice. I'll try it when I get home tonight.

Interesting. I've had one do that and can't find a setting to fix it.

I'm still having the thing where they (all but one) auto-update even though I have that switched off, as I would prefer to wait a bit before updates, particularly the original, irreplaceable HPs.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Hopefully my HomePod mini will be able to understand me again. He’s about as smart as dishwater at the moment whilst my other HomePods work just fine.
    elijahg
  • Reply 4 of 8
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    AppleZulu said:
    mike1 said:

Interesting. I've had one do that and can't find a setting to fix it.

I'm still having the thing where they (all but one) auto-update even though I have that switched off, as I would prefer to wait a bit before updates, particularly the original, irreplaceable HPs.
    I’m the opposite. I have auto-updates turned on, yet I still have to do it manually every time. 
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Mine is still having issues with playing podcasts. Especially when I ask “what’s my update?”
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Does this also fix the issue where the HomePod has a 1-2 second delay when used as a speaker (via Airplay) for a videoconference call (FaceTime, Zoom or Teams). This makes them unusable as an external speaker. If they fix this I would buy 2 immediately. Just sent mine back!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Mine is still having issues with playing podcasts. Especially when I ask “what’s my update?”
    I am having the same issue with "what's my update."  Gets to the end of the "report" and says "... and now...." then nothing.   Used to play NPR news at that point.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    Mine has decided that when lossless is on, occasionally it will play 10 seconds of the start of a song, then stop for no reason. It will refuse to play the rest of the song and I have to skip it. Happens on my phone occasionally too, but regularly on HP. Damnit to hell with all these stupid bugs, Apple. We pay a premium so that we don't get this kind of thing. Fix your shit.
    edited November 2021 muthuk_vanalingam