Popular photo editing app Pixelmator Photo makes its debut on iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited December 2021
Pixelmator Photo is now available for the iPhone, bringing 30 desktop-class color adjustments, support for more than 600 RAW image formats, and machine-powered tools to the palm of your hand.

In 2019, AppleInsider praised Pixelmator Photo as a professional-class photo editor available for iPad. Now, the developers are bringing one of our favorite photo editors to our favorite smartphone.

Users can alter pictures with familiar tools, like White Balance, Exposure, Highlights, and Shadows. Pixelmator Pro also brings advanced tools, such as Selective Color adjustment, wheel-based Color Balance, photographic Grain adjustment, and more.

Machine learning technologies make for easier editing. For example, the Auto Enhance feature was trained on 20 million professional photos, allowing it to apply basic edits to images the way a professional editor would.

An upscaling feature utilizes machine learning to help preserve sharpness and details when sizing up photographs. All of Pixelmator Photo's machine learning-powered tools use Core ML, Apple's machine learning framework.

Individual edits are saved, too, allowing users to make adjustments or revert changes as needed.

Pixelmator Photo also syncs with your iCloud photo library. Users can edit photos in their photo library, and when finished, changes automatically sync with iCloud.

Pixelmator Photo is available for the iPhone starting December 16 and requires an iPhone running iOS 14 or later. The app costs $7.99 for new users, or $3.99 for existing Pixelmator Photo owners.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I’ve had Pixelmator on my iPad for two years. Just downloaded it onto the phone. There was no charge since I already have paid for the iPad copy.

williamlondonroundaboutnowwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    iOS_Guy80 said:
    I’ve had Pixelmator on my iPad for two years. Just downloaded it onto the phone. There was no charge since I already have paid for the iPad copy.

This is the wrong app. There is a difference between Pixelmator and Pixelmator Photo. Both are now available on iPhone. 
    watto_cobracaladanian
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I just bought the Mac version... My old version of Photoshop was crashing repeatedly. Paid $20 for Pixemator Pro, finished my task at hand. Looking forward to weening off Photoshop for more tasks, and not being held ransom to monthly rental fees.
    edited December 2021 williamlondonbaconstangwatto_cobraappleinsideruser