Apple hosts premiere of 'The Tragedy of Macbeth' in Los Angeles

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
On Thursday, Apple Original Films hosted the Los Angeles premiere of Joel Coen's stylized retelling of the Shakespearian classic, with Apple executives present for the event.

Image Credit: Apple
Image Credit: Apple

The premiere was held at the DGA Theater in Los Angeles. Joel Coen and stars Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand were present at the premiere. Apple's own senior vice president of Services, Eddy Cue, and head of Worldwide Video, Zack Van Amburg, were also in attendance.

Washington stars as Lord Macbeth, with McDormand as Lady Macbeth. Other cast members include Bertie Carvel, Alex Hassell, Corey Hawkins, Kathryn Hunter, Harry Melling, and Brendan Gleeson.

The project, called "ambitious," marks the first film Joel Coen has created without his brother and longtime filmmaking partner, Ethan Coen.

The film closed out the 65th BFI London Film festival in October. In December, it was named as a 2021 AFI award honoree.

"The Tragedy of Macbeth" will be shown in theaters starting December 25, then premiere on Apple TV+ on January 14. Subscribe to Apple TV+ for $4.99 per month or via any Apple One subscription service tier.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    I gotta be honest, this is the first Apple production that  I really want to see. The clips look amazing. Unfortunately there’s no way it will come to any theatre in my out of the way spot. Looks like I will be subscribing to AppleTV+ for one month in January. 
    RonnyDaddywatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 2
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,304member
    DAalseth said:
    I gotta be honest, this is the first Apple production that  I really want to see. The clips look amazing. Unfortunately there’s no way it will come to any theatre in my out of the way spot. Looks like I will be subscribing to AppleTV+ for one month in January. 
    I appreciate your honesty, but I’ll just say that I hope you use that month to take a deeper look around. A lot of very good shows on the service don’t get anywhere near the publicity of, say, Ted Lasso. Sample a few and see what you think — you sound as enthused about Tragedy of Macbeth as I am, so perhaps we have similar tastes. I’ve enjoyed the “Wrong Way” series, Home, Schmigadoon, Earth at Night in Color, Dickinson (took some getting used to but very good), and most of the feature movies and documentaries.

Well worth the cheap price IMO.
    ronn