Sengled unveils new HomeKit Video-Sync light strips, smart outdoor string lights

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2022
Smart lighting company Sengled has announced a number of HomeKit-compatible products at CES 2022, including light strips that sync to streaming content and outdoor string lights.

Sengled's smart outdoor Wi-Fi light bulbs
Sengled's smart outdoor Wi-Fi light bulbs

For example, the company is set to release a new Bluetooth smart bulb that sports health-tracking features. The A19 Bulb, which won a CES Innovation Award, will allow users to monitor their sleep, track vitals, and detect falls. It's still in the "very early" stages of development, however.

Other products that could debut sooner in 2022 include the Wi-Fi Video-Sync TV Light Strips. The light strips sync to a TV via a small camera and will project the same colors displayed on a show, movie, or other content. The light stripes will be priced around $120.

The company also announced new Wi-Fi LED outdoor string lights that feature millions of different color combinations and bulbs that can be individually set to a different color. They'll be priced at $80.

Sengled also announced a $60 Wi-Fi Portable Lamp that's powered by a rechargeable battery and features light functions like dimming, color changing, and or a flickering candlelight effect.

The Wi-Fi Video-Sync TV Light Strips will project colors from the show or movie you're watching.
The Wi-Fi Video-Sync TV Light Strips will project colors from the show or movie you're watching.

The company will also release a smart LED diffuser light, window and door sensors, and a Zigbee motion sensor device. Sengled also said that its existing Bluetooth Mesh lights will get Google Assistant support within the "next few months."

AppleInsider will be covering the 2022 Consumer Electronics Show in person starting on January 3 through January 6 where we're expecting Wi-Fi 6e devices, HomeKit, Apple accessories, 8K monitors and more. Keep up with our coverage by downloading the AppleInsider app, and follow us on YouTube, Twitter @appleinsider and Facebook for live, late-breaking coverage. You can also check out our official Instagram account for exclusive photos throughout the event.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    I like the idea of TV-synced lighting, but using a small optical camera seems bananas. First, because it's ugly and I'm not putting that on my TV. Second, because can't they plug into the HDMI input port and read what's coming in from there?
    mike1watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member

For example, the company is set to release a new Bluetooth smart bulb that sports health-tracking features. The A19 Bulb, which won a CES Innovation Award, will allow users to monitor their sleep, track vitals, and detect falls. It's still in the "very early" stages of development, however.

Huh?

Also, having been involved with the Innovations award process for many years, I know they can be a little loosey-goosey with the actual shipping dates. However, never have I seen one awarded for a product that is "in the very early stages of development".

edited January 2022 watto_cobra