Future Mac Portable Batterys?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Escher if you need a 2nd battery why not just bring it with you?

You answered your own question, Aquatic. Right now, neither he 12" iBook nor the 12-inch PowerBook support sleep-swapping of batteries. (At the moment, I'm not considering any larger portables.) And even if they did, turning your 'Book upside down and using a coin to open the battery latch is not nearly as convenient as the side-accessible battery bays on my PowerBook 520c and Wallstreet were.

In any case, over the last few years, increasingly powerful batteries have made (the lack of) dual battery bays a problem of minor importance. If Apple can focus on producing higher-capacity batteries, even if only as an expensive option, the lack of sleep-swapping and dual bays will become a moot issue.

Escher
  • Reply 22 of 26
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Strange. 1) The lock-unlock buisness. 2) Why was this locked at all? Did you have a really bad day back then Jonathan? 3) Why is Jonathan listed as "Guest"? Did he ban himself?
  • Reply 23 of 26
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

I vote for Potato power!

My old roommate kept talking about trying to electrocute me to death with a potato battery. "One day, you're gonna come home and there'll be potatoes and wires everywhere. And then you'll know the end is near," or some such thing. Odd guy...
  • Reply 24 of 26
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    Hmmmm dig up old thread or start a new one??? This will do, just cos I like Matsu's underpants idea

Anyway, back to it - Fuel Cells are here! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3031870.stm.

"They" recon we could be talking upto 40 hours usage by 2005. I dont like the idea of the 2Kg weight addition tho.

Enjoy.

G
  • Reply 25 of 26
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Phooey. I thought this thread was about batteries for the Mac Portable.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    MacRumors today links to a Fox News article about a

fuel-cell-powered laptop unveiled by NEC today.

Escher