Everything we know about the redesigned MacBook Air with M2 processor

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,853member
    While these improvements are nice, I can't understand a WHITE notch on the screen. Heck, I was neutral on a black notch on the MacBook Pros because it was black and it could disappear when in full screen. However, with a white notch, it looks like an eyesore no matter what you do with it. Sorry, but a white notch looks like crap...
    Apple is the Gemini company two steps forward one step back….
    edited May 2022
  • Reply 42 of 45
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    Please, not the white bezels. 
    They were the reason I didn’t buy iMac 24”. 
  • Reply 43 of 45
    glhglh Posts: 17member
    amarkap said:
    charlesn said:
    I would be interested in what Apple feels is the current and future audience for the MBAirs.  Is it evolving?  
    A true heir to the Air's intention would be an M-series MacBook 12", with the same number of ports as the current M-Air. At a weight of just two pounds, and a slightly smaller form factor, I think it was the best general-use laptop that Apple ever created, and now it could finally have the horsepower and ports it was lacking. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, and what we'll get is a great general use laptop that carries on the magic and intention of the Air in name only. 
    I'm not sure what a good use case would be for the 12" laptop other than being cute and, of course, being able to slip into and out of a mailing envelop.  I don't think anyone misses the 12" but I suppose there are a few fans such as yourself.  I have the 2020 Macbook Air and it is quite honestly the most gorgeous piece of hardware I have ever owned.  It is the perfect size.  I'm not a fan of macOS because I'm a Windows guy...but still I can't stop using it and it is my daily "going-to-bed-with" driver (ha ha...I watch Netflix and Disney Plus on it mostly before going to sleep).  Again, not too big or too small...just perfect in size and weight. 

Anyway, for you and other MacBook 12" fans I will hope Apple will add that form factor to their line up...who knows it may be saved for a future "Just One more Thing" reveal.
    I have an M1 MacBook Air but have put it away and use my 12" MacBook instead. The MacBook is the most beautiful laptop Apple has made, and if you get used to carrying it around and using it, I think you won't appreciate the extra weight and size of the MBA or any of the other "small" laptops.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    charlesncharlesn Posts: 834member
    "The webcam may be 1080p and have an ultra-wide lens for Center Stage."

Let's hope it's better than the shite webcam Apple dumped into its $1600 Studio Display. 
    lkruppwilliamlondon
  • Reply 45 of 45
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Just make screen size larger like or closer to 14.1 MBP. Rest all good.
    edited June 2022