Oh how I love jellybeans

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have recently re-discovered my passion for jellybeans. The girlfriend got this kickin' Jelly Belly vending thinger and they have a bean that tastes just like friggin' buttered popcorn. And then one that tastes like buttered toast. It's friggin' uncanny and almost disturbing.

I went to the store to get my own but Jelly Belly brand jellybeans are rather expensive and H.E.B. had Starburst jellybeans on sale so I got some of those.

Oh these are delicious.

*hugs the jellybeans*

Comments

• Reply 1 of 37
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I have recently re-discovered my passion for jellybeans. The girlfriend got this kickin' Jelly Belly vending thinger and they have a bean that tastes just like friggin' buttered popcorn. And then one that tastes like buttered toast. It's friggin' uncanny and almost disturbing.

I went to the store to get my own but Jelly Belly brand jellybeans are rather expensive and H.E.B. had Starburst jellybeans on sale so I got some of those.

Oh these are delicious.

*hugs the jellybeans*

I'm not really keen on the popcorn and beverage based Jelly Bellys. I hate the Juicy Pears too. My favorites have the be the very basic fruit ones...Lime, Orange, Very Cherry. I do like the Champagne flavored ones though.
  • Reply 2 of 37
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I busted concrete all weekend. Now my arm hurts.
  • Reply 3 of 37
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I hate that ****ing popcorn one. My wife and I are the perfect match. She hates my likes and I hate her likes.
  • Reply 4 of 37
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I hate that ****ing popcorn one. My wife and I are the perfect match. She hates my likes and I hate her likes.

What does she think of redheads?
  • Reply 5 of 37
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Allison likes the juicy pear and cappuchino, I can't stand them. I like the buttered popcorn, she can't stand it.

But my favorite is lemon-lime and she likes it as well.

The only Jelly Belly that goes to waste is the toast one which isn't so great, but it tastes so much like toast it's odd.
  • Reply 6 of 37
    ...for me, there is only one candy: Gummy Bears!
  • Reply 7 of 37
    gummy bears are good if you get some good ones, I hate it when I get the hard ones. Those piss me off. I get candy so rarely because I never really think about it.

I have consciously avoided chocolate (although it is divine) for dietary reasons. Perhaps I should grab a Hershey bar tomorrow. Oh sweet bliss.
  • Reply 8 of 37
    No, cocoa makes me fat like Michael Moore.

Health, baby, dig it!

Greasy cheeseburgers with fries give me the shits. That stuff is bad mojo but it tastes soooo good.
  • Reply 9 of 37
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    wine gums rule
  • Reply 10 of 37
    Never liked jelly beans. If I want sugar I'll do it like a proper crack whore and shove pixie sticks down my throat till my head explodes. Or at the very least otter pops, assuming a sunny warm day.
  • Reply 11 of 37
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Toasted Marshmellow Jelly Bellies are good, too. Slightly burned, just the way I like them.

There are some good "recipes" too, like peanut butter and jelly.

MMMMMMMM...

>rushes out to buy Jelly Bellies<

Jeff
  • Reply 12 of 37
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    The Juicy pear is impressive. It's quite similar to a good juicy pear in flavor. Otherwise, in the Jelly Belly world, I really like the cherry flavor, the tutti frutti flavor (which is indistinguishable to me from bubble gum) and basically anything that's not wacky.
  • Reply 13 of 37
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Jellybeans are pretty tasty.

One of my favorites as a kid was watermelon flavored...it never really tasted quite like a watermelon, but it still tasted damn good.

I'm also rather keen on sour jellybeans.

when it comes to sweets though...I have a mad sweet tooth, my all time favorite sweet though is chocolate. Chocolate bars, chocolate ice cream, chocolate muffins, cookies...etc. I love chocolate.
  • Reply 14 of 37
    Jelly Beans? Heard of them but never tasted. It never really found ground here but after reading the jelly belly homepage I´m courious.

Could I get anyone to buy a 1 kilogram bag of mixed JBs and send it to me? I´ll have it sent to you and send some money for p&p.
  • Reply 15 of 37
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I go for the fruits myself. Also the traditional ones like red (hot) and black (anise).
  • Reply 16 of 37
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

...when it comes to sweets though...I have a mad sweet tooth, my all time favorite sweet though is chocolate. Chocolate bars, chocolate ice cream, chocolate muffins, cookies...etc. I love chocolate.

Chocolate is SO evill!!! Isn't it?
  • Reply 17 of 37
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Groverat, you're gonna have to take a trip out to California and visit the Jelly Belly factory. The tour is free, they give you free jelly beans, and then you can buy more at the store for much cheaper than anywhere else. Mmm, jelly bellies are my weakness. But yeah, I agree with Eugene, the popcorn ones are rank.
  • Reply 18 of 37
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Popcorn Jelly Belly evil...

Juicy Pear Jelly Belly good...

My wife loves the bubblegum ones. Bleh. Booooring.

Though not Jelly Beans, we are also fond of those red "Swedish Fish" quasi-gummy things... anyone tried those?
  • Reply 19 of 37
    So noone wants to help me here

I need those beans. They would cost me five times the price to buy one kilo here.
  • Reply 20 of 37
    I didn't even see that post. I'll check out HEB and see if I can't grab you a bag there. I'm pretty sure they've got 'em.

We don't sell things in kilograms here though, except drugs, you dirty commie.