Peloton halts production of fitness bikes, cites 'significant' loss of demand

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    DAalseth said:
    Out of curiosity I checked out the price of their treadmills. (I don’t have a bike, but I do have a treadmill). Are they out of their mind? Easily three times the cost of the high end NordicTrac model I have. Admittedly I got mine fifteen years ago but they haven’t gone up that much. 

And no I don’t need some overly eager person encouraging me to work harder. I hated that sort of thing n in high school PE class and I sure as H don’t have any interest in that now. I’m on my treadmill for an hour six days a week and Its all going fine. 

I'm glad its going well for you.   That's truly great!
    But, check out Apple Fitness+.   Treadmill workouts are not their strongest, but they are good.  That's where I'm headed now - to the treadmill.
    DAalseth
  • Reply 22 of 22
    Beats said:
    I still think Apple should buy a fitness equipment brand like NordicTrac or even Peloton when their sales and stock drop.
    Gymkit needs to get serious and relying on 3rd parties has always been a drag.

I saw on I believe on Macrumors that there is speculation Apple may just do that. 
    I’m not convinced that Apple needs to do that but I flat out admit I do not know anything about business acquisitions. Is it because of the Apple Fitness+ that you think that Apple would want to acquire Peloton and or NordicTrac? So they would have their own hardware to sell as well?