Apple remains world's most valuable brand, but Amazon is hot on its heels

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple has kept the top spot in the annual Brand Finance Global 500 rankings for the second year running, but Amazon is gaining, and TikTok is the fastest-growing brand by far.

Apple had regained the title in 2021, with Amazon and Google in second and third place. Now all three companies have kept their same positions in the new survey.

According to Brand Finance, Apple's brand is worth $355.1 billion. That's a 35% increase from its 2021 valuation, and represents the report's highest brand value on record.

"Apple commands an amazing level of brand loyalty, largely thanks to its reputation for quality and innovation," said Brand Finance chairman and CEO, David Haigh. "Decades of hard work put into perfecting the brand have seen Apple become a cultural phenomenon, which allows it to not only compete, but thrive in a huge number of markets."

Brand Finance does not publish any details about its calculations or metrics. It has previously said that its work follows international standards, but its systems are proprietary.

Nonetheless, based on its same calculations, Brand Finance placed TikTok at number 18. It's the social media company's first time on the chart, and comes from a calculated brand value rise of 215% to $59 billion.

"Media consumption has increased throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, but what is more, the way we consume it has irrevocably changed," continued Haigh. "TikTok's meteoric growth is the proof in the pudding - the brand has gone from relative obscurity to internationally renowned in just a few years and shows no signs of slowing down."

Amazon earned its second place with a reported brand value of $350.3 billion. Google's brand is said to be worth $263.4 billion, while the top five are rounded out with Microsoft on $184.2 billion, and Walmart on $111.9 billion.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Amazon a valuable brand? In my head, Amazon is a sales intermediary. Wow really remarkable to sells others eggs beaters and yoga mats! Laughing 😂 
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Amazon a valuable brand? In my head, Amazon is a sales intermediary. Wow really remarkable to sells others eggs beaters and yoga mats! Laughing ߘ⦡mp;nbsp;
    The article is about "valuable brand", as in brand recognition. The only reason Amazon isn't number one is because it's not available globally. I'd wager Amazon (because of prime) is a more valuable brand in the US then Apple is at this point. Amazon has become synonymous with shopping now, and it's exactly because of "eggs beaters and yoga mats". Now anytime someone needs/wants to buy something, most people go straight to Amazon without thinking about stepping a foot out the door.

Anytime I think about buying an electronic device online (laptop/phone/tablet/watch/etc) I go to Apple, but when I think about buying ANYTHING ELSE I go to Amazon. Wait, the last AirPods I bought was on Amazon ðŸ˜‚
    edited January 2022 bloggerblogmuthuk_vanalingamphilboogie
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Amazon a valuable brand? In my head, Amazon is a sales intermediary. Wow really remarkable to sells others eggs beaters and yoga mats! Laughing 😂 
    1. I don't know in exactly how many countries Amazon operates, but it's certainly not a company that operates only in North America. I do know that they also have a very significant presence througout Europe and as well in Australia, China, and Japan.
    2. Amazon is not just an e-tailer that also has a video streaming service. Spend a few moments doing a web search on the importance of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to the overall enterprise; I've seen figures ranging from $400B to $500B if it was a stand-alone business, and the most-recent of those articles that I found were a few months old.
    3. You know who else is laughing? People who invested in AMZN as recently as three or four years ago. All the way to the bank, and with far more justification.
    muthuk_vanalingamphilboogie
  • Reply 4 of 5
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Not in my house
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Really? Amazon is a brand?

Well, I guess there's the adventure factor: you buy from Apple, and it's Apple. You buy from Amazon and there's a good likelihood your mech is a counterfeit Chinese knock-off.