Apple TV+ has a TikTok and its first challenge promotes 'The Afterparty'

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited February 2022
Apple TV+ is embracing TikTok with a marketing campaign to promote "The Afterparty" by asking users to duet to the fictional hit single "Do Wet." The sponsored hashtag has over 85 million views and counting.

A real EP in Apple Music made by a fictional character in 'The Afterparty'
A real EP in Apple Music made by a fictional character in 'The Afterparty'

Apple TV+ has been pushing its latest show "The Afterparty" across several social media platforms at an increasing rate. The murder-mystery comedy centers around the death of a pop star named Xavier, which is the center of Apple's promotional campaign.

The now active @appletvplus account on TikTok has begun promoting a #DuetDoWet challenge where TikTok members use the duet feature to fill in blank lyrics in the comedic music video. The promoted hashtag has over 85 million views and has been increasing rapidly on the short-video platform.

Apple also released an official EP to Apple Music with songs like "Do Wet" and "Imma Live Forever" for the deceased fictional artist.

The show is allegedly written so viewers can solve the murder mystery before the characters do. Sleuths are searching for hints everywhere, so a song called "Do Wet" might contain a hint explaining more behind Aniq being soaking wet.

@appletvplus #DuetDoWet - Fill in the gaps with what you like to do wet #RIPXavier #TheAfterparty Do Wet - Xavier

"The Afterparty" debuted on Apple TV+ on January 28 with three episodes available. New episodes will be released each Friday, and you can watch the show by paying $4.99 per month or via any tier of the Apple One subscription bundle.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    For a company that values things like consumer safety and privacy, I'm a bit appalled that Apple is using TikTok for their marketing. The inane TikTok "challenges" have caused physical harm. A rash of school cancellations in my area last month were a direct result of a TikTok challenge that threatened violence in the schools.  And TikTok seems blissfully unaware that they have any responsibility in promoting them.

No thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    For a company that values things like consumer safety and privacy, I'm a bit appalled that Apple is using TikTok for their marketing. The inane TikTok "challenges" have caused physical harm. A rash of school cancellations in my area last month were a direct result of a TikTok challenge that threatened violence in the schools.  And TikTok seems blissfully unaware that they have any responsibility in promoting them.

No thanks.
    So because some TikTok challenges promote violence, you are "appalled" by any and all TikTok challenges?
    Beats
  • Reply 3 of 5
    The show is very enjoyable. One half of Phil Lord & Chris Miller is still very entertaining!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    The show is very enjoyable. One half of Phil Lord & Chris Miller is still very entertaining!
    I agree. I originally planned on watching the first 3 episodes one day at a time, then ended up binging them all at once. My MVP is Ben Schwartz. I realize he may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I think that guy is hilarious. 
  • Reply 5 of 5
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Ok. This is kinda funny.

No thanks.

Oh please. What physical harm will this cause?!